Apprentice Traveler
hpua

chinese language

I bought a XXL 540 TM and cannot find chinese language option in language setup. Does 540TM support chinese language? if so what do I get chinese ? 

Message 1 of 4 (4,476 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Re: chinese language

[ Edited ]

If you buy your unit from a China website it will have chinese. If you buy it in, for example the US, it does not have chinese nor can you install it. You can download the spoken directions in Chinese Mandarin via Home.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 2 of 4 (4,472 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
hpua

Can you be more specific on how to download the chineses mandalin voice via HOME?  I was at HOME yesterday for several hours and cannot find the option to download the chineses mandalin voice.  Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (4,460 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

With the gps attached to the pc run Home. Click on the menu item "Add Traffic, Voices,Safety,Cameras, etc". This wil present a new menu. Select " Voices", then select "Recorded Voices". Near the top / middle of the window you will find some filter selections,  click on the flter "view" and scroll down thru the list of languages there are several for chinese, be sure to look thru the entire list.  You can play a sample from each version and "Add" the one you like to the gps. After you have downloaded the voices to the gps you will have to select the voice you want in the gps by going to "change preferences" -> voices.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 4 (4,455 Views)
Please use plain text.