Apprentice Traveler
valerie

activation code

does the activation code need to be used? it wont let me put it in there. does that mean it activated itself?

Message 1 of 8 (687 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: activation code

When you log into tomtom.com and click on the MyTomTom green button, there is a link for activation code. Should NOT be necessary unless you have a M (lifetime maps) model.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 8 (684 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
valerie

thanks for the reply.  i have a xl 335 se. so i dont need the activation code then because it wont let me hit "next" to activate it.

Message 3 of 8 (681 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Rafa_Trevino

What about the model 1505 M.. It says Lifetime Maps Updates on the box... When i try to activate the code i got the following error..

"The activation code you have entered cannot be used due to incompatibility with the installed application version."

any guess?

Message 4 of 8 (661 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
alane001

[ Edited ]

I am in the same situation that you are Valerie.  I also have the XL 335 SE which came without an activation code, and it won't let me click next to activate.

Message 5 of 8 (612 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
riku-lover-202

Hello,

I have a XXL 540M and when i enter my promo code for my life time maps I am told that my code is valid but does not work with my device. I updated it like the last part of the message says and tryed again but I'm still having the same issue.

riku-lover-202

Message 6 of 8 (591 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Call CS at 866-486-6866 to sort it out.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 7 of 8 (586 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Sclapari

I have an XL335-SE with an activation that doesn't work. It keeps telling me it is fine and update device. STILL doesn't work.

Message 8 of 8 (310 Views)
Please use plain text.