Apprentice Explorer
LostByGPS
Accepted Solution

XXL 540TM Operate Left-handed vs Operate Right-handed?

In the "Change Preferences" of the XXL-540TM, I see "Operate Left-handed" and when selected, changed to "Operate Right-handed".  I toggled this setting a few times and looked for changes on the GPS display but didn't notice anything different.  What are these settings for?

---------------
LostByGPS - XXL 540TM
Message 1 of 5 (567 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,047
Solutions: 222

Re: XXL 540TM Operate Left-handed vs Operate Right-handed?

Depending on which setting is used, it optimizes the navigation screen to be operated easier when being right or left handed. I don't immediatly see any differences when changing the option but normally the differences should be noticed after having changed the setting and using the navigation device for a while longer.:smileywink:

Message 2 of 5 (565 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
LostByGPS

Stefan wrote:

Depending on which setting is used, it optimizes the navigation screen to be operated easier when being right or left handed. I don't immediatly see any differences when changing the option but normally the differences should be noticed after having changed the setting and using the navigation device for a while longer.:smileywink:

when being right or left handed, you meant driving on the right side or left side of the street or operating the device right-handed or left-handed?  I'm still confused :smileyindifferent:

---------------
LostByGPS - XXL 540TM
Message 3 of 5 (563 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

[ Edited ]

Primarily if you select right hand ( the hand you write with :smileywink:) the "Done" button appears on the bottom right of the screen.  Left handed --- the button is on the left. A few other button positions also change.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 5 (560 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
LostByGPS

Ah, I see it now.  Selecting "Operate Left-Handed", the device's input prompts (Done, Cancel, Back, etc) are placed on the bottom LEFT.  Selecting "Operate Right-Handed", the prompts are displayed on the RIGHT.  Tomtom needs to work out their UI naming NOT to confuse users :smileyhappy:  Thank you for clarifying!!

---------------
LostByGPS - XXL 540TM
Message 5 of 5 (555 Views)
Please use plain text.