Master Traveler
JBS1958

XL 335 SE

First time here. I have a TomTom XL 335 SE. It died? Started by flashing through the different languages, I choose US English, then it just started rebooting over and over until I unplugged it and the battery went down. I have used all the online help, that was understandable, including back up and reinstall. The device is only 6 months old. My last TomTom is over 5 years old and still working., What happened to the QA department? I do like my XL and have not had any issues with it until now.

I am open to suggestions!!!

Message 1 of 8 (965 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: XL 335 SE

Try running (3 times) the Clear Flash tool found here:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear%20flash

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 8 (964 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
JBS1958

I did like you said, but still not past the screen the says TomTom. I do not get a 'red X' that most folks are talking about.

Message 3 of 8 (961 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button for about 15 seconds.

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 8 (958 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
JBS1958

It has a different reset button and that is the only way it well turn off. The reset button is on the bottom near the plug in port. I have tried this to no avail.

Message 5 of 8 (954 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Well, if 5 months old, it is still under warranty. Call CS at 866-486-6866 for a RMA.

Message 6 of 8 (948 Views)
Please use plain text.
Del
Apprentice Traveler
Del

Something similar has happened to me twice using TomTom and another brand. In both cases the problem was the fuse in the cable (that connects to my car power source.) I replaced the entire cable (I couldn't get to the fuse in an earlier model). The gps quickly fired back up. Try using the cable on your old unit, and see what happens. You too, may have to replace the fuse/cable. Try Radio/Shack's, or Walmart's, if it doesn't solve the problem, I think you can return the item. The reason I just bought the same unit you have is that my Mio (formerly Navman) died after a 4 month purchase while I was on the road. I had an old cable, and it works fine now. You're right no mo quality control!  

Message 7 of 8 (943 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
JBS1958

Tried that also.

I think I'm doomed to send it back to TomTom and see what they will do for it/me.

I have coworkers that have other devices, like garman, and they are all going bad. Sometimes I think it is the sats or something. Everything is made to fail these days.

Message 8 of 8 (937 Views)
Please use plain text.