Neophyte Traveler
PhilTheVoid
Accepted Solution

TomTom XXL with Lifetime maps activated

I purchased and activated a TomTom XXL with Lifetime maps.

However, I am not seeing any option to download the latest maps, nor do I see anything in my profile to suggest that I am a lifetime map customer.

Please help me confirm that I do indeed have access to lifetime maps.

Thanks,

Phil

Message 1 of 31 (2,344 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: TomTom XXL with Lifetime maps activated

Don't know where you are from but if North America, call CS at 866-486-6866 and have them sort this out.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 31 (2,333 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
rettik

I found this link (using Google) that will tell you if your maps are up to date:  https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mytomtom/overview/#  This is the My TomTom Overview page.  

I can't figure out how to get to that link via the web site, so better just bookmark it.  When I click the "My TomTom Button" from the home page, it only allows me to go to AccountDetails https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mytomtom/accountdetails/ -- but you need to see the "Overview" page above to see if you're up to date.

I've had a TomTom XL with Lifetime Maps for the last six months.  I've also been concerned that nowhere online or in TomTom Home does it indicate that I am entitled to Lifetime maps.  However, when a new map comes out, it does appear in Tomtom home as a download, and I am able to download it for free.

I would suggest to Tomtom would make the "Overview" page the default when selecting the "My TomTom" button.  In addition to saying "Your navigation device is up to date. There are no updates waiting for installation.", I would suggest that TomTom also displays "Your devices has been activiated for lifetime maps".  That would help make me (and others) confident that everything is working correctly.

Message 3 of 31 (2,313 Views)
Please use plain text.
RA
New Traveler
RA

Have you entered your Promotion Code when you activated your TomTom?

You should have done that before you activated it.

Message 4 of 31 (2,252 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
beavco

I just got my XXL yesterday, after setting up my account, the next step was to find the lifetime map paper in the box. It has instructions. Basically you find the "use my activation code" icon in HOME. Enter your code.  When I did so it gave me a couple of messages indicating that I did indeed have lifetime maps. Not sure if there is any other indications except those on that first activation. 

Message 5 of 31 (2,237 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

If it recognizes you have activated lifetime maps when you log in with your email address/pw, then you are good to go.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 31 (2,234 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
plefloch

Latest maps guarantee versus Lifetime maps

I wish TT HOME would state more clearly what the difference is between Latest Maps Guarantee and Lifetime Maps. After a lot of googling i found

"Latest Map Guarantee: if a newer map becomes available for your device within 90 days of first use, you can download a free map here."

Lifetime Map Updates
TomTom’s Lifetime Map Updates feature allows users to keep their maps fresh by downloading, every few months, the industry's most accurate and up-to-date maps. The maps include one million more miles than competing maps and, in certified tests, rate highest in terms of quality and reliability. The road network changes on average 18 percent annually, so they are continually refreshed to include improvements across the entire road network and updates to Points of Interest.  Source: http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=949&Language=4 

Wouldn't a reasonable person think that Lifetime maps do not "expire"? Tomtom HOME should clarify this. This is causing unnecessary angst among TomTom users, who may be misled into thinking they just got jipped. 

Message 7 of 31 (2,221 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
PhilTheVoid

This says I'm updated, so it must be active.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 31 (2,211 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Ralph02813

I think I am going nuts, I just got my xxl540 yesterday, I download tom tom home registered, and for the life of me I cannot find the place to put in my activation/promo code

Message 9 of 31 (1,582 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Try here, you also need to have the gps connected.

active.jpg

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 10 of 31 (1,580 Views)
Please use plain text.