Master Traveler
AilaReza

TomTom XXL No SD Slot?

I have noticed that with all the updates and whatnot that my TomTom XXL is coming very close to running out of room. I have checked my TomTom and cannot seem to find a slot for an SD card. Do you mean to tell me that the XXL's do not have SD memory card slots?

Message 1 of 3 (1,734 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
Exalted Navigator
Kex

Re: TomTom XXL No SD Slot?

No, not in the U.S. anyway. You shouldn't need it, however. Use TomTom Home to manage what is on the device, and what is backed up on your computer. You can start by removing all foreign voices, for example, especially the "computer" voices you don't use, since those take up the most space. I've yet to experience any issues with space.

Make sure you have a complete backup of the whole device somewhere, though. You'll be glad you did if anything ever went wrong.

______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ _____ ______ ______
TomTom XL 340S LIVE & XL 340TM (RDS-TMC) & GO LIVE 2535M - in daily L.A. Traffic
Message 2 of 3 (1,730 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
AilaReza

Re: TomTom XXL No SD Slot?

I only have one voice and it's a computer voice. Didn't really see the need to keep the others.

Hopefully it should hold up with all the Map Share updates and whatnot. I have the 540T with Lifetime Maps. I just don't want to run out of space!

Message 3 of 3 (1,728 Views)
Please use plain text.