Apprentice Traveler
Love_Metal327

TomTom XL will not update

I've been trying to update my tomtom  XL but have been having a lot of trouble. Every time I've tried to install "USA, Canada, and Mexico" the update gets about 75% completed, stalls, then fails. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting my GPS unit, I've been on two different computers (a laptop and a desktop), I've tried restarting the updates multiple times and I still encounter the same issue "Error when contacting sever: the connection to the Tom Tom Server timed out." It's been over 90 days since my device was last updated and this has been the reason. I can't update my device if the server keeps timing out. Any advice?

Message 1 of 7 (844 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,400
Solutions: 554

Re: TomTom XL will not update

Is it the original USB lead that you try with? Try maybe with another one (the shorter the better).

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 7 (841 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
gerardbarrault

Hello,

I donn't know if that is the problem, but maybe.

I went to the TT site to update my One XL data. TTHome application open,my One XL connected and on.

A window informed me that a new program was available. I just have to click on "Continue" . After download, the window comes back. No way to quit. The usual TT window appears few seconds then disappear and the TThome application closes.

I downloaded also the " myTomTom SA" but the answer is " FAILURE Installation cannot proceed, as not all requirements were met." I do not understand anything.

Thank you if someone can help.

Message 3 of 7 (791 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,400
Solutions: 554

You don't need MyTomTom. Uninstall the TT HOME with Revo Uninstaller and install it again.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 4 of 7 (788 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

That model requires Home 2 from tomtom.com/home, NOT MyTomTom.

Try completely uninstalling the current Home 2 application using the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller. Get it here:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Then get a fresh copy from where I said and install it. See if things are better.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 7 (786 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
gerardbarrault

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I have a Mac and I do not have Revo uninstaller. In fact I did not needed it.

I followed your proposal and downloaded the TT Home Rev 2.9.5.1974. My old version of TT Home.app  automatically updated.

And I could access to MapShare.

I never used the " Kudo" but I will do it right now.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 7 (717 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
gerardbarrault

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I replied first to the message of " Elite voyager" which proposed the same method.
Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7 (715 Views)
Please use plain text.