Novice Explorer
ETCIon

TomTom XL 310 Memory Issues

I wanted to update the maps on my old XL 310 (it had been 2 years since I did it last) so I bought the new USA Canada Map Pack (as the software suggested) and tried to install it.  After that failed due to "lack of memory" I deleted to old map pack to make room.  This still didn't free up enough room, I deleted everything but the default voice and the OS and it still will not fit.  It says put in a new memory card but this device does not have a memory card.  Where can I get my old map pack back since the new one wont fit or how can I expand the memory on this old device?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (2,260 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

Re: TomTom XL 310 Memory Issues

hi did you back up your device before deleting if so just reinstall

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 5 (2,259 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
ETCIon

No, the one time I am am to lazy to do the backup, I called support and they fixed it up for me.

Message 3 of 5 (2,257 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

hi glad to hear its all working i would back it up now using windows explorer not home it will save a lot of time and frustration in the future:smileyhappy:

1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
Message 4 of 5 (2,255 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
SmokerCook

Can you tell us how the technical support folks helped you solve this ? I just had an update try to take place and it complained of not having enough storage available. My unit has NOTHING BUT TOMTOM material on its disk, so I'm surprised that they generated an update that would run me out of storage space.

Does anyone have a workaround / repair for this model of TomTom ?

Message 5 of 5 (89 Views)
Please use plain text.