Novice Explorer
ETCIon

TomTom XL 310 Memory Issues

I wanted to update the maps on my old XL 310 (it had been 2 years since I did it last) so I bought the new USA Canada Map Pack (as the software suggested) and tried to install it.  After that failed due to "lack of memory" I deleted to old map pack to make room.  This still didn't free up enough room, I deleted everything but the default voice and the OS and it still will not fit.  It says put in a new memory card but this device does not have a memory card.  Where can I get my old map pack back since the new one wont fit or how can I expand the memory on this old device?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (2,167 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

Re: TomTom XL 310 Memory Issues

hi did you back up your device before deleting if so just reinstall

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (2,166 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
ETCIon

No, the one time I am am to lazy to do the backup, I called support and they fixed it up for me.

Message 3 of 4 (2,164 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

hi glad to hear its all working i would back it up now using windows explorer not home it will save a lot of time and frustration in the future:smileyhappy:

1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
Message 4 of 4 (2,162 Views)
Please use plain text.