Apprentice Traveler
JanStewart
Accepted Solution

TomTom Home on a Via or GO 1000

[ Edited ]

When will the TomTom VIA systems recieve the software update which enables the compatibility with TomTom Home and Via systems? Also, will this work with already purchased Via systems?

When I purchased the Via 180 system today, I was reassured that it had the ability to install custom 'celebrity voices', but found 'this feature is not yet available on TomTom Vias'.

Message 1 of 17 (7,500 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Re: TomTom Home

With the VIA devices, you can't use TomTom HOME anymore. You need to use myTomTom instead. See here for more information: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/.

Message 2 of 17 (7,476 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
london717

This is a ridiculous situation. My Tom Tom Home seemed to be useful. My Tom Tom (Via 125) is fully automated and leads back to My 'tom Tom Home. Same colors same icons and interchangable directions which lead no where. Most confusing.

Free voices no such animal.

I bought my Via 125 in Germany. It speaks German. A simple download of default Tom Tom English comupter english is not possible.  User manual refers you back to tomtom.com\services which leads no where.....

Message 3 of 17 (7,271 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
maxmax22

Re: TomTom Home on a Via or GO 1000

Still waiting for the ability to download FREE voices, points of interest and other community content.  Waiting, waiting, waiting...  TomTom really does treat its customers as expendable idiots.  As far as they are concerned once you buy their garbage the promises they have made to you can fall by the wayside.  COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!  I will NEVER, EVER trust TOMTOM again.   :smileymad:

Message 4 of 17 (5,189 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
jonnymoon

I bought my Tomtom via and was told by the retailer that I could use Tomtom home for downloading POI's. I need these POI's for my work, Now I've been told that Tomtom Via is not compatible with Tomtom Home, Welcome back Garmin, sorry I left in the first place.

Message 5 of 17 (2,479 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Yes, that's true. You can only use myTomTom for your VIA. But with MyTomTom, you can still install custom POIs from other people and your own POIs. 

Message 6 of 17 (2,476 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
torntorn_sucks

Can't use tomtomHome, I am taking mine back to where I got it in the morning.

Message 7 of 17 (2,068 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,387
Solutions: 554

Your device uses MyTomTom, not TomTom HOME.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 8 of 17 (2,052 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
CptJera

So what happens when MyTomTom app won't open/launch on a Mac?  Where do I go from here?

Thx

Message 9 of 17 (1,469 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

See if anything here helps:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/FAQ-MyTomTom-troubleshooting-tips-Mac...

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 10 of 17 (1,466 Views)
Please use plain text.