GK
Apprentice Traveler
GK

Speed limit alerts

How do I set up device to give audio signal that my speed over posted speed limit?

Message 1 of 17 (4,639 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
baldilocks

Re: Speed limit alerts

I am trying to do this myself.  The help pages tell me to go to Warning Sounds in TomTom Home but when I do it tels me that my TomTom doesn't support that feature.  I do find that the support side for this Sat Nav is less than one would like.  I have an XL2 IQ routes edition (about 2 weeks old) which I understood was quite top of the range.

Message 2 of 17 (4,632 Views)
Please use plain text.
GK
Apprentice Traveler
GK

I have same model. I'm disappointed that this feature appears not to be available. Constantly looking at the device screen to check on speed limits seems to me to be a safety issue and maybe not that difficult for TomTom to correct.

Message 3 of 17 (4,628 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Sorry, but no TomTom model with a '2' in its name is top of the range. Signifies a model with EasyMenu which means many fewer user choices/options.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 17 (4,625 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
m6motorway

this might help you as I have a xl live and if you tap the screen then go into live services in there you will see safety alerts tap that and you should have 4 icons  1 to report cameras a yellow triangle with change warning preferences which is what you need to tap and when you tap it you will get a list of all cameras all you need do then is add the sounds to which ones you want to or all the same if you wish let me know if you need more info

steve

Message 5 of 17 (4,593 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

hi m6motorway im afraid the xl2 is a dumbed down version of a xl  ,many options are missing.there mainly for getting from a to b  without the whistles and bells

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 17 (4,586 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
raydrs

What TomTom 5 inch models have the speed alert  sound warning feature as well as the red flashing numbers when going over the posted limit? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Too me, it is better and safer to hear a warning rather than constantly looking at the  GPS. I don't intentionally speed ,but living in the mountains, it's easy to drift over the limit. Thanks

Message 7 of 17 (4,320 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
tcrash99

I have done it through the Safety Alert location.  It will prompt you through it.

Message 8 of 17 (4,293 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

raydrs wrote:

What TomTom 5 inch models have the speed alert  sound warning feature as well as the red flashing numbers when going over the posted limit? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Too me, it is better and safer to hear a warning rather than constantly looking at the  GPS. I don't intentionally speed ,but living in the mountains, it's easy to drift over the limit. Thanks

The 540 models.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 9 of 17 (4,282 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
chowilla

I have just purchased a XL250 and am very disappointed that the speed limit audio warnings do not appear to be available on this model.  Has anyone been able to download or activate them on this model.  My previous OneXL purchased four years ago had this feature and was one of the most valuable things about it and saved many a speeding fine.  I thought I was upgrading not going backwards.

Message 10 of 17 (4,214 Views)
Please use plain text.