03-12-2011 05:25 PM
I have a XL LIVE IQ. Sometimes when I select "Navigate To" to enter a new route I get this message at the bottom of the screen "Safety Lock Enabled" and the address button is greyed out. I tried deleting the current route but the lock doesn't go away. I've searched the menus to find a way to disable this safety lock but found nothing. I tried turning the device off and back on but it still says locked. Eventually the "Safety Lock Enabled" message just goes away for no apparent reason. This is very frustrating and has gotten me lost several times.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-12-2011 05:39 PM
Settings-->Safety Settings-->UNcheck 'show essential menus when driving' (Some models have 'show reduced menus')
10-02-2012 02:48 AM
Try this first -
Reset your gps - Hold the power button for about 20 sec until you hear a drum beat.
1. Plug gps into computer and run Home -> "Operate My Device". It will take about 30 sec for the function to initialize.
2. You will be able to operate you gps via your pc now.
3. Using your pc plan a route on your gps
4. In addition check several configuration setting on the gps like "voice" and "Language" settings.
5. When you are finished click "done" and then click on the little blue button at the lower right hand corner of the
Home window to disconnect the gps from the pc.
6.Unplug the gps when Home tells you it is safe to unplug the gps.
10-02-2012 06:05 AM
The full menu only shows when not moving.
Stop the car, then follow dhn's steps in the prior post to disable the safety lock.
10-02-2012 10:16 AM
Same issue. It seems like none is working on my end. I guess something is doing it all wrong and it is all in my end. Thanks for the tip anyway.
Business is the game!!
16-03-2012 01:52 PM
Try going to Change Preferences-->Safety preferences--> 'show essential menus when driving' , make sure this option is not checked some models may have "show reduced menus". Also on some models "Change Preferences" will be "Options"
01-05-2012 10:02 PM
Look at Traylaw's solution in the post immediately above yours!