Apprentice Explorer
TheRebel

Replacement Suction Cup Needed

I have an XL Model & need to get a replacement suction cup mount.  Where can I but one online or in stores?  I'm not looking to buy the combo pkg with the charger.

Thanks In Advance!

Message 1 of 11 (3,471 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

Re: Replacement Suction Cup Needed

While there may be several places to get these, you can buy them online from TomTom. Go to Shop, then Accessories, find one that looks right, click on More information and you will find a compatbility list.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star .....

TomTom XXL 540TM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN traffic
Message 2 of 11 (3,469 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
hartie

I also need a new suction cup but thought it may be better to go for a beanbag or dash mount. Can I do this without replacing the torn suction cup?

Message 3 of 11 (3,326 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

Check the TomTom web site and go to Shop. They do have alternatives to the suction cup such as a vent mount; not sure of others.

Message 4 of 11 (3,295 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
omtom

If the mount doesn't stick to the glass anymore try this to Trim the suction cup to fit properly..

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/XL-XXL-HOME/Will-Not-Stick/m-p/371554#M22545
Message 5 of 11 (2,978 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
galwaytt

I need a replacement suction cup for my Rider car mount - it broke inside the plastic housing, where the pin locates it - and I've gone to the online Shop, but there is nothing listed under accessories for that mount as spare parts.

Can you tell me where can I see a parts list, and where I can buy this, as it doesn't make sense to dump an €80 accessory over a single component part.

TIA  as they say......  :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 11 (2,652 Views)
Please use plain text.
AndiAndi
Kudos: 1,147
Solutions: 321

[ Edited ]

Hi galwaytt,

I am afraid TT do not sell parts for your mount.  :smileysad:

Maybe you will find them in ebay.

Greetings

Andreas

MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1502
Message 7 of 11 (2,649 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
DIY-Man

I totally agree! The EasyPort is well designed and well made - BUT - the suction cup does wear out after awhile. It's a shame to have to buy another mount just because the suction cup wore out! The button that holds the suction cup raises and lowers with the knob being turned between lock and unlock. It raises away from knob when unlocked, and lowers back toward knob when locked. The trick for using the EasyPort is to push against the knob to press the suction cup to the windshield,then rotate the knob to lock to pull more suction. But when the cup hardens (wears out) it can't pull suction anymore. The suction cup is rubber-cemented into the button's circular groove. You should be able to remove the old suction cup, clean out the grove, and cement a new one to the button. Tom Tom could sell an EasyPort suction cup replacement with recommended solvent to clean out the old cement but not harm the EasyPort's plastic, and a recommended cement. This would be a big win for Tom Tom's customer loyalty campaign!

Message 8 of 11 (569 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
galwaytt

...thanks, but it didn't wear out.  It actually broke where the pin passes through it, up inside the plastic housing.........you're right though: the suction cup material goes brittle with age.  Some in TomTom needs to look at the quality of the plastic they used in that as mine gets s.f.a. use.   I suspect it's UV-aged, from being on the windscreen............but hey, I'm no chemist !

It would be cheaper to buy a different GPS than fix that cup tbh - and I don't mean a TomTom one !

Message 9 of 11 (504 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

How long did you use it attached to the windscreen? I am lucky in that I can attach mine to my radio screen (little sunlight), and then only when I use it, so (fingers crossed) mine should last a long time. It is at this point going on it's 4th year.

Message 10 of 11 (494 Views)
Please use plain text.