Novice Explorer
IsidoroLopez

Problem after trying to update on TomTom XXL Canada 310

Hello i have a problem with my TomTom XXL Canada 310 and i made the update today and now it doesn't work anymore it keeps starting from begining but never entering into the map mode. It stays in the TomTom logo mode then restarts, and again and again.

I tried to run the emulator (Operate my XXL) and it doesn't work , the windows shows that had enconutred an error with TomTom Home 2 and need to shut down the program.

I have a back up , if i restore to that back up that i have made before begining to update, it works fine , once i unplug him it shows me the map , etc... But i wanna keep him up to date. Can you help me please ? Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (5,250 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: Problem after trying to update on TomTom XXL Canada 310

Connect to the computer. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:

http://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Next, delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and accept the application offered. Disconnect PROPERLY using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 11 (5,248 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
IsidoroLopez

Nope i did every step you said but, it doesnt wanna get into the map mode, it seems like blocked into the TomTom logo image from the begining.

I will restore him now with the TomTom Home backup point that i've maid this morning before the update.

I realy dont know what to do, shall i not update him again or what ?

Message 3 of 11 (5,231 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

After you install the backup ( and BTW good for you,  for making a backup before updating) what is the version numer and first two characters of the serial number.  You can see the navcore version here. Also what does Home say is being updated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 11 (5,227 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
IsidoroLopez

Ok it just finished to instal the back'up, the current version is 9.061 and the first two characters of the serial number are RW, after making the update, it stays blocked into the TomTom logo mode, the foto below. 27022012389.jpg

Then from every 2-3 min it restarts showhing the next image. And so on , again and again, foto 1 then foto 2

27022012388.jpg

Like i said in the begining i've restored'it to the earlier version , and after selecting the language, hour setup and voice i have conected him to the TomTom Home2 and i tooked a foto of the update that shows, shall i install them or what ? it will stay bloked again after instaling those 2 updates ?

Sin título-1.jpg

Message 5 of 11 (5,215 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 11 (5,213 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
IsidoroLopez

i don'it . right now it works well but its not updated, when i shut him down it shows the anti theft image then after 10 sec the drum sound shows, but after i will update him, atleast last time it did'nt show the anti theft image, a green bacground pops up the he shuts down. Shall i begin with the update ?

Message 7 of 11 (5,209 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
IsidoroLopez

Well i just updated only the TomTom Aplication, the one that apears in the third foto of 33,3Mb and it happend again doesn't start it only shows the first foto and after 2 min restars showing the second foto, i have already tried resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds, a green background showed then the drum sounds, but nothing it keps stucked in the TomTom hand foto (logo). doest go further to the menu, map etc...

Message 8 of 11 (5,208 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Did you make the backup using Home or Windows Explorer?

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 9 of 11 (5,181 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
IsidoroLopez

I made the backup using Home, but it works everytime i restaure'it with that back'up.

Message 10 of 11 (5,171 Views)
Please use plain text.