Exalted Navigator
spider362

New Application Version 9.400 Available For XL/XXL/START/ONE/GO/EASE Series Devices

[ Edited ]

Application update overview

Version 9.400
XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, GO 730, GO 930, GO 630, GO 740 Live, EASE, GO 720, GO 920, ONE 140/ red/ S, XL 340/ S/ LIVE, XXL 540/ S/ WTE, XXL 530S

All supported devices now have an improved status bar with different tabs similar to most recent devices, and a clearer indication of the speed limit.

The Speed Cameras service has the following improvements:

• You are now warned about speed cameras with new, clearer icons.
  • You can now report and delete speed cameras with one touch.
  • You can now confirm that a speed camera is stillthere.
  • When driving in an average speed check zone, your average speed is now displayed.

If you have a LIVE device and a valid subscription, speed camera locations, both fixed and mobile, are now delivered over-the-air.

We have improved the explanation about the data you share with TomTom, and the settings required for you to give permission and share data from your device. *

TomTom Buddies and sending and receiving files from your device using Bluetooth are no longer supported.

The TomTom HD Traffic receiver is also no longer supported. The receiver was only available in the Netherlands. When downloading this software, the TomTom HD Traffic receiver will no longer be compatible with the device. If you want to continue using the HD Traffic receiver, you must not download this software.

GO 520/720/920: if you download a new map after installing this update you will be upgraded to a map that supports addresses in Greek and Russian.

If you use your device at about the same time every day your device will find your current location faster when you first start your device. This improvement is for all compatible devices exceptes the GOx20 and GOx30 devices, and LIVE devices which get QuickGPSfix over the air.

Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Other items that have changed that are not mentioned above:

No satellite signal strength bars on navigation screen.
Markers only good out to 999 miles then they disappear from screen.

Models with the EasyMenu now has the option to navigate to a lat/long position. (As reported by dhn in post #22)

Also the emulator in HOME needs to be updated. This seems to happen automatically, though, when used for the first time.

-------------------------------------------
Device: XXL540TM
Device App Version: 9.430.890926
Map Version: USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P v885.4097
TomTom Home version: 2.8.3.2499
Message 1 of 128 (9,945 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

Re: New Application Version 9.400 Available For XL/XXL/START/ONE/GO/EASE Series Devices

Nice job; kudos to you.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star .....

TomTom XXL 540TM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN traffic
Message 2 of 128 (9,934 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
spider362

Re: New Application Version 9.400 Available For XL/XXL/START/ONE/GO/EASE Series Devices

Thank you.

I just followed a link to TomTom for most of the information. The part under the bold is what I've discovered on my own.

Message 3 of 128 (9,923 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
jsilvo

I don't like that new status bar at all :smileysad: I found it very unclear and the lack of satellite signal strength bar is a big minus. 

I also make a very irritating notice. The sensitivity of the touchscreen is now much much weaker than when using version 8.351! My dad has TomTom XL IQ Routes2 -navigator and there was factory installed a 9.xxx version. I thought that the "bad" touchscreen was a result of a cheaper model, but after this software upgrade I think the reason is in the software :smileysurprised:

I already gave feedback to TomTom about this. Luckily I made a backup before upgrading so I was able to downgrade back to version 8.351.

Please, test that sensitivity of touchscreen and let me know did you make same kind of notices.

Message 4 of 128 (9,828 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
spider362

[ Edited ]

No noticeable difference in the touch screen sensitivity on my XXL540. I think the touch screen sensitivity is built into the screen digitizer and only the touch area is programmable.

I do like the new status bar. It's a little too wide in the vertical mode (where I had it before), but is okay in the horizontal mode.

It's a simple matter to touch the right corner to see the satellite signal strength on the Status summary screen. Also the fact that the Navigation screen has color tells that the signal strength is good.

I like the way the data is grouped: real time information such as time and speed/speed limit is on the left, turn info in the middle (the 2D/3D buttons go away most of the time when you have a route planned and are moving, but the 2D/3D switch still works), and route info like ETA, distance to destination, and travel time on the right. I had a hard time keeping those items straight in my mind on the old screen since they were all grouped together.

I like the new location for traffic safety camera alert icon and the fact that you can touch it and select whether or not the camera is still at that location. I'm not too happy that the camera icon covers the Quick menu preferences (on my XXL540), but it doesn't stay on the screen that long.

I haven't figured out what the little triangle in the upper left corner of the status bar to the left of the time is for, if anything...

I haven't found any new menu items in the Change preferences area, but if anyone finds any, please post here.

All in all I like the new layout.

Message 5 of 128 (9,807 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,606
Solutions: 320

Hi,

spider362 wrote:

No noticeable difference in the touch screen sensitivity on my XXL540. I think the touch screen sensitivity is built into the screen digitizer and only the touch area is programmable.

To change the sensitivity you'd usually need new hardware. It isn't possible to change the sensitivity of a resistive touchscreen as we've got here that much as the resistors being used only offer a certain voltage and to keep it safely that the touchscreen doesn't react when driving above an uneven road it'll have to be above a certain limit. And you cannot put it too high as it isn't wanted that you'll have to use sharp items to get enough power to overcome the resistivity as that might damage the screen.

If you could provide an image of that little triangle I'll have a look on my European XL LIVE IQR (XL 340S LIVE) if I can see such an image as well.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 6 of 128 (9,798 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
spider362

Thanks for the info Lars.

Below is an image showing the triangle just below the compass.

Unknown triangle.png

Message 7 of 128 (9,782 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,606
Solutions: 320

Hi,

thanks for that image. I just had a look but in navigation mode this triangle can be seen as well. It seems to be the same triangle as in the traffic bar (at least when using LIVE services). I could just see that on my device.

It also doesn't symbolize having no GPSfix. This is still only if the map is grey but even then that triangle is visible.

So it seems as if I'll have to investigate some more to find out what that triangle could symbolize :smileywink:.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 8 of 128 (9,768 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
jsilvo

Lupus1 wrote:

To change the sensitivity you'd usually need new hardware. It isn't possible to change the sensitivity of a resistive touchscreen as we've got here that much as the resistors being used only offer a certain voltage and to keep it safely that the touchscreen doesn't react when driving above an uneven road it'll have to be above a certain limit.

I don't know why (and how!) the sensitivity changes so much after upgrading to v9.400. But the fact is, that after downgrading back to v8.351, the sensitivity was again same like before upgrading. So there has to be something in the new software that changes the user experience about sensitivity.

Maybe it don't affect to all devices same kind of but at least in GO630T the change was really notable!

Message 9 of 128 (9,752 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

Spider, could that be the direction of travel? I turned mine on in the house and that didn't show up. I will have to experiment with the different maps to see how it works on mine.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star .....

TomTom XXL 540TM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN traffic
Message 10 of 128 (9,745 Views)
Please use plain text.