Master Traveler
ruko

LifeTime FREE Map Update Promo Code

Hello

I have an XL340.TM. I was well into a first time FREE Lifetime map download using the promotion code but had to abort the process. My own error. When I tried to restart the down load the system tells me I can't use the promotion code more than once? What? But I haven't used it yet, I aborted the download process! Confused.  If you only get one shot, how can that be a lifetime supply? Can anyone tell me how to get my FREE map upgrades now that I have apparently unsuccessfully used my one shot at this promotion?

Thanks

ruko

Message 1 of 37 (12,890 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: LifeTime FREE Map Update Promo Code

Call CS at 866-486-6866

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 37 (12,886 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

[ Edited ]

You should not have to use the code again; in fact, you can't. Once you enter it, it is entered. Your problem is to recover from your aborted download. If you actually hit "abort" you are probably OK. Hopefully you did not just unplug it. You do have to log in to TomTom Home with your email address and password that you set up during registration, or you will not see any updates. Try this, if it still doesn't work,  just call the number dhn gave you.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star .....

TomTom XXL 540TM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN traffic
Message 3 of 37 (12,872 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
ruko

I did use the "abort" button on the screen. I will try the phone number. Thanks

Message 4 of 37 (12,852 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
JYale

When I bought my XL 350 one of the things that caught my eye was "free life time map updates".

Now, every time I connect to my computer, I get software updates but am asked to pay for map updates.

I thought they were supposed to be FREE.

Yale

Message 5 of 37 (12,153 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,598
Solutions: 320

Hi there,

are you logged in with the TT Home application and your e-mail-address is shown in the top right corner? If not do so.

Also please tell us which map version do you have installed on your device? The latest map version is still v875 but this month there should be another version published which will be v880.

The free map update promo code will only work for the US, Canada & Mexico map (may also be called North America map). So for all other maps you'll need a separate map update subscription if you'd like to update those maps as well.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 6 of 37 (12,144 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
flowergarden

I cannot get my lifetime maps either.  I spoke to customer service and I am being told that they don't see that I have lifetime maps.  The only reason I bought it was for the free lifetime maps.  I was told to email them with my receipt or a picture of the box where it says about the maps!  They cannot go by the serial number.  I cannot believe the run around.  I am so displeased with the whole TomTom experience. 

The other thing is that I had a TomTom and then purchased the new one for the maps.  I went to my account online to register the new TomTom and update it.  The old TomTom info is on the new TomTom now!  Customer Service told me I bought a map for the new TomTom.  I said I bought it for the old TomTom.  Nothing popped up or alerted me that you can only have one device on the account.  Customer Service had me make a new account now but it certainly did not change all the mess has been created and I STILL DONT HAVE MY LIFETIME MAPS!

Message 7 of 37 (12,141 Views)
Please use plain text.
Stefan
Kudos: 1,044
Solutions: 222

You are able to scan a copy of the receipt or the box and send to TomTom Support by email from within the TomTom account. Did you send them a copy? Otherwise they aren't able to activate the lifetime maps onto the account.

In case there's a activation code, then you can also give TomTom Support the code so they can manually activate the service onto your account.

Message 8 of 37 (12,138 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
sallor225

[ Edited ]

Flowergarden,

You should reregister your new TomTom with a different email address; that might solve the problem, although you would have thought the serial number for the new one should have worked. Which model do you have? If you get free updates you should have a model number with an M included such as XXL540M.

Help others identify useful content:
- Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
- Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star .....

TomTom XXL 540TM Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN traffic
Message 9 of 37 (12,115 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,598
Solutions: 320

Hi,

you may find out your device's exact name by using the link below:

Which TomTom device do I have? (hyperlink)

Below I'll explain the meaning of the description:

• XXL540M:         you'll have a XXL540 with lifetime map updates for the North American map.
  • XXL540T:          you'll have a XXL540 with lifetime traffic, so you'll have the TMC receiver delivered with your device.
  • XXL540TM:      you'll have a XXL540 with both features already described.
  • XXL540S:         you'll have neither lifetime map updates nor lifetime traffic but only the text-to-speech functionality.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 10 of 37 (12,111 Views)
Please use plain text.