07-04-2012 07:05 PM
I prematurely pulled my XXL 540 from my Mac during initial set up. Now it gets stuck at the load up 'TomTom' screen. When I connect to my Mac, it reads the device and allows updates. But I cannot use the Operate Device or Back Up/Reset Device options in TomTom Home. I have tried to reset the device by holding down the on/off button. the green screen goes green after a while and then resets to the 'TomTom' screen again. But does not resolve my problem.
Has anyone had this problem or know how I can fix it and get my TomTom working?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-04-2012 12:31 AM
Don't worry it can be fixed.
What are the first two characters of the serial number on your XXL540
08-04-2012 12:42 AM - edited 08-04-2012 01:09 AM
Now we'll try the easy way first.
1. Plug the gps into your pc
2. Turn on the gps, if it does not automatically connect to the pc, perform a reset on the gps ( hold the power button down until you hear a drum beat ( approx 20 sec.)
3. Once the gps is talking to the pc, Home should startup
4. Since you unplugged the gps while it might have been writing to the flash memory, it would be a good idea
to run a utility to check the memory for errors Here is a link for that procedure.
5. In Home go to "Manage my Device" -> "Items on device", look for the item "Application", select it and remove it.
6. Next click on the tab "Install items from computer", look for the item "Application", select it and click on "Add"
If you have any problems let me know and we can get out the baseball bat and manually install everything you need.
08-04-2012 02:27 AM
Got that baseball bat?
First two characters of Serial # are RX.
I tried your process twice to no avail.
Each time when the device connects to Home it checks for updates and then asks to 'Link' device to account. Although I think it fails to "link".
08-04-2012 02:33 AM
First go into Home -> Tools ( at top of window ), select preferences and turn off " check for updates when gps is connected"
08-04-2012 02:39 AM
The green light as in the power indicator light?
08-04-2012 02:50 AM - edited 08-04-2012 02:51 AM
While you are at it download the baseball bat.
Unzip the file into an empty folder.
If the gps is plugged into the pc and you perform a reset, does it connect to the pc and stay connected?