Where do i put my promotion code...????:smileysad:

Message 1 of 10 (1,942 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
Revered Voyager
mvl

Re: How to use Promotion code

[ Edited ]

See http://www.tomtom.com/12291.  It works for any type of promo code, not just maps.

mvl

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. I am a Tomtom customer, not an employee.

I have seven years of extensive experience with Tomtom navigation products, and have just begun to use a Tomtom fitness watch.
Message 2 of 10 (1,905 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Angelcat

This is the error code I get when trying to use my promo code: The activation code you entered is valid but the promotion product doesn't work with your device type or with the version of the application you have installed on it. Please install the latest version of the device application by clicking 'Update my device' in the main menu. Then enter your activation code again. As soon as you activate your code, the associated product will be available for download and/or use. After following the above instructions, I tried again...and again. Same message. And there are no updates available, it has the latest version. So, does this mean I don't get the lifetime maps as promised? It was the one feature that prompted me to buy the TomTom over other brands.
Message 3 of 10 (1,879 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
Revered Voyager
mvl

Repeat "Update my device" until nothing new is offerred. 

Then (and the instructions don't tell you this), use the blue button on the lower right to disconnect the Tomtom from the computer.  Let the Tomtom start up, and choose yes on the Tomtom screen to reconnect to the computer.

See if you can use the activation code now.

mvl

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. I am a Tomtom customer, not an employee.

I have seven years of extensive experience with Tomtom navigation products, and have just begun to use a Tomtom fitness watch.
Message 4 of 10 (1,870 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
xprs

I have the same problem. I repeated "Update my device" until no update is available. I also restarted the device couple of time. But still no luck.

Message 5 of 10 (1,860 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
husu6

I Have XL 250 and cant get the promotion maps to load, having the same problem. Wondering if because I have a Mac Computer. Code is valid and there are no more updates, and I have tried switching off and on again. ????

Message 6 of 10 (1,852 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Try calling Aussie support to assist:

1300 135 604

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 7 of 10 (1,849 Views)
Please use plain text.
CPO
Neophyte Traveler
CPO

I had the exact same problem.  My TomTom is going back to the store.  WAY too many bugs out of the box with this one and for every few people who post on a forum there are lots of others probably having the same problem.  It's a shame as my last TomTom was great.  But I'd hesitate to buy another after this one XL335TM.

Message 8 of 10 (1,824 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Twowills

Cannot use the Promotion Code for lifetime maps have registered account, but it seems to be a very unfriendly website!  HELP please.

Message 9 of 10 (1,263 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

[ Edited ]

What is happening? Is it telling you the code number is valid but it won't work with your device version or something like that.

If that is the case you will need to contact customer support. They will have you do a couple of things with your gps. But in the end they will just set your account manually for lifetime map updates.....  Be sure to never lose the promo code. You may have to re-enter it again in the future for various reasons. If you lose it TomTom will not issue you a new one.

Also if you have not already done so, make a backup before updating your map. Use the following link for the procedure.

http://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.h...

Customer Service

866 486 6866 Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 10 of 10 (1,260 Views)
Please use plain text.