Novice Explorer
dbough
Accepted Solution

How do you disable Safety Lock Feature on XXL?

I have looked under Safety Pereferences, and there is no option that I can find to disable the safety lock feature. I am hoping I can, because it is so annoying when my passengers can't even look up a POI or change the address while we are on the move. Please help!!!!!!:smileysad:

Message 1 of 4 (9,265 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Re: How do you disable Safety Lock Feature on XXL?

I think you are referring to the limited menu options while driving....if so go to "safety preferences" and uncheck

"Show only essential menu / options while driving"

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 2 of 4 (9,261 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
ajaxpoo

The option 'Show only essential menu options while driving' is UNCHECKED, but the "Safety Lock Enabled" sign still flashes when a passenger is trying to look up nearby parking garages or other addresses. Very annoying!

Message 3 of 4 (8,118 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

First reset the device ( hold the power button down until you hear a drum beat ( about 15-20 sec)

The try toggling this option. Place a check on 'Show only essential menu options while driving', go back to the main navigation map, then go back and uncheck it. 

If still a "no go" use the "Factory setting Reset". However since this will clear your favorite destinations you may want to save them so you don't have to re-enter your favorites. To save your favorites use Windows Explorer, open the gps drive and then locate and open the map folder. In your case the folder will have the name :USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P. In this folder you will find a file with the name "mapsettings.cfg. Copy  this file to your pc's hard drive. 

Next perform the factory setting reset.  You will find the option in "Change preferences" or "Options" depend on your model.

After the factory reset check your settings for the safety lock., the default should be unchecked.

If everything is working ok copy the mapsettings.cfg back to the "USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P folder. Note you will find a new copy of the file in your folder, just overwrite it using your backup copy.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 4 (8,113 Views)
Please use plain text.