Novice Explorer
Alan52

Home 2 v My tom tom

[ Edited ]

Does anyone thinkMy tom tom is a step backward Compared to Home 2, Home 2 has many options and allows you to customise your Tomtom, and you can see what is happening.  My tom tom just informs you that you are up-to-date, and that’s it.

My Tom Tom Via Live 125 is good but I feel let down by My tom tom, because it has very few options  It seems like its two steps back compared to Home 2, Why has TomTom released this very basic interface to go with one of its latest sat navs.

When you say more options any idea when?

Message 1 of 10 (2,380 Views)
Please use plain text.
Founding Member
TheTremor

Re: Home 2 v My tom tom

More options will be added to MyTomTom in the next months

---------------------------------------------------------
www.meintomtom.de
Message 2 of 10 (2,373 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
london717

Alan52

You are so right. It is a disaster. "Soon" is to late I already bought my VIA 125  and it's direct support is linked to something that does not work. Very sloppy tomtom stuff.

Is there anyway to delete tomtom version 3 and use the older HOME 2 set up until TomTom gets it's act together?

Message 3 of 10 (2,322 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

1X, 2X and Via models REQUIRE MyTomTom as an interface. Home 2 won't work with those devices.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 10 (2,320 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
Gerry

Home 2 is a disaster aswell, because of the anti piracy stance Tomtom are now taking, you have lost the choice of what you want to download in Tomtom Home 2, and you cannot stop anything, tomtom wants to install on your unit.  So not only did I lose my Via 120 Europe, but I have now lost the use of my TomTom Go 520 because it is forcing me to upgrade the navcore which I don't want, and I cannot untick it as it is greyed out, so I cannot update my GPSFix or Mapshare anymore so this has rendered that unit useless aswell..

TomTom have a lot to answer too, I have a reporter coming here on Friday for my story, if I can't resolve it with tomtom first.

I am a Disabled War Veteran and I depend on my satnav to leave home, guess that will give Tomtom some great negative publicity, I will keep you informed.

Message 5 of 10 (2,311 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Here is a way to 'beat' the 'unable to uncheck' app issue. From a member of a NA forum:

I have found a temporary solution... Although I don't know whether this might cause me a compatibility issue in the future...

Firstly install version 2.7 but do not run it.

If you go to: C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul there is a file called 'application.ini'.

If you open this file in notepad, you will see there is a section which says 'Version=2.7.5.2014'. Simply change this to read 'Version=2.8.1.2218'.

TomTom HOME will now be tricked into thinking it is the latest version. It will therefore not force you to update to the real version 2.8.

Actually, you can install any application lower than 2.8.1.2218 and the tip will work.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 10 (2,306 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
Gerry

Well done buddy thank you very much, that is a great help, thank you thank you.

Message 7 of 10 (2,303 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
DonDental

I totally agree that My TomTom is a huge backward step; Home 2 worked great; it couldn't have been that difficult to allow new models to connect to it? Any idea when new features will be added and wether they will be as good as Home? (soon really doesn't cut it!):smileymad:

Message 8 of 10 (2,115 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Gradz

well, it's been 1 year that My Tomtom was released and no update on it, no new fonctionnalities....

MyTomtom is real crap compared to Home2!!!

Really disapointed

Message 9 of 10 (1,533 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,595
Solutions: 320

[ Edited ]

Hi Gradz,

you're wrong. There have been some updates to the myTT application during the last year. You should just have a look through the subforum for the myTT devices where Ditte published some developments.

TomTom-GO-800-1000-2000-Via-START20 subforum (hyperlink)

Also I'm sure that given the time TT will develop the myTT application that it gets fully operational and a good replacement for the TT Home application.

I also assume that they didn't want to develop this new application but were only forced to do so by Microsoft or to pay Microsoft large fees for using their patents. Read more under the following links:

Microsoft v. TomTom (wikipedia hyperlink)

Microsoft, TomTom settle patent dispute (hyperlink news.cnet.com)

Microsoft v. TomTom: Patent Infringement Action (hyperlink MS press release)

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 10 of 10 (1,531 Views)
Please use plain text.