New Traveler
erh320

Does the Tom Tom XL350 have free map updates

I was getting ready to buy a Tom Tom xl350 and I am not sure if it has free mapupdates or not, online it had this,

• Lifetime Traffic & Map Updates*
    Enjoy a lifetime of easy driving with two great features from TomTom. Lifetime Map Updates guarantees you receive four new editions of your TomTom map each year to ensure that you are always navigating with the industry’s most up-to-date map. And, Lifetime Traffic Updates automatically sends real-time updates to your TomTom, so you can steer clear of traffic delays and take the fastest route possible to your destination. *Applies to maps of US, Canada & Mexico only. You receive non-transferable traffic data and up to four non-transferable map data updates per year until the product’s useful life expires or TomTom no longer receives map or traffic updates from its suppliers, whichever is shorter. Details and terms at www.tomtom.com/legal. Lifetime Traffic updates are available in the US and Canada only.
  • But when I checked the Tom Tom website it doesn't seem to say the same thing, so what is it, lol, free or not free?

Woody

Message 1 of 4 (2,296 Views)
    Please use plain text.
    Retired Employee
    Najib

Re: Does the Tom Tom XL350 have free map updates

Hi erh320,

Occasionally the website may be set not on the US version (and instead UK). As this is a USA offer only it may have not appeared.

Indeed the device does offer this feature as it is listed also here: http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/car-navigation/xl-350-series/#tab:benefits

- Najib

Help others identify useful content:
    - Did someone answer your question? Click Accept as Solution
    - Did someone post something helpful? Click the kudos star
    Message 2 of 4 (2,229 Views)
    Please use plain text.
    New Traveler
    trowe

I just bought a TOM TOM XL 350 because of the lifetime maps edition.   I am not finding this on the tomtom website.

I was relieved when I heard the staff member,- Najib stated ...

Indeed the device does offer this feature as it is listed also here: http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/car-navigatio​n/xl-350-series/#tab:benefits

Now the site this links to no longer exist and I am very concerned?.  Will I receive the Lifetime Map Updates that are advertised on the box, or do I return the Tom Tom and move to another GPS company?  I will wait to hear.  Thank you.  TRowe

Message 3 of 4 (1,007 Views)
    Please use plain text.
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Predtor_XL350TM

Every promotioned device comes with a "CODE" printed on carton inside the packaging box  (like software licenced) this code has to be keyed in on the "activation code" button  on TOMTOM HOME 2 pc software, where device serial number will be married to tomtom updated system. like this, every 3 months will receive notification new map is available to download..

VIA 1535TM Navigator: BM22xxxxxx02 (23.8)
    (On PC) MyTomTom Version = 3.2.0.1220
    (On Device) Memory Used 3493.37MB Available 231.89MB
    (On Device) Map Version: USA_ Canada_and_México Versión: v915.5123
    (On Device) Apl. 12.065.1252068.84 SO:1229603
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Android (HTC EVO 3D PG8600):
    TOMTOM Mexico 1.1.1.

Nota: Yo hablo y escribo en Español tambien
    Message 4 of 4 (967 Views)
    Please use plain text.