New Traveler
TampaBayRay

Auto turn off

I have an XL 330.   does anyone know if this GPS unit has an auto off feature.   One that will turn the unit off after a period of inactivity.  thanks

Message 1 of 4 (583 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Re: Auto turn off

Not it does not..... It can be set to shut off if the power to the gps is turned off. This is set in the battery save preference menu.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 2 of 4 (576 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Tutuann

RE: Do I have to recharge my battery on my GPS?

My battery seems to last only a short while.  How often must I recharge it.  Maybe I am not holding the button down long enough???.  Please help.

Message 3 of 4 (570 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Re: RE: Do I have to recharge my battery on my GPS?

It normally takes about 3-4 hours to rechage a battery. Depending on the exact model a battery should last about 1.5 hours or  more. If you battery life is much shorter then that after a full charge it probably means it time to replace the battery.

When you turn off the gps, the gps doesn't really turn off, it actually goes into standby....this is done so that it boots up within 5-10 sec after you turn it back on instead of taking 30-40 sec with a cold start.  So the gps will discharge the battery over time. I don't know how long it takes to discharge the battery in standby. Someone on the forum may have some information about that.

Don't know if this answered your question.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 4 (567 Views)
Please use plain text.