Legendary Explorer
ohnotsureyet

road is closed..oh no its not..oh yes it is....

tomtom live this morning showed that the north circular road (a406) was blocked at the junction with Brent Street (nw4) and Golders Green Road (NW11) in the UK. I was close enough to see no traffic in that area and selected do not avoid. Sure enough as i passed through it the road was entirley clear. After i passed through it tomtom told me the incident has now gone. hum! Tonight i tried the same thing and sure enough tomtom wrongly reports the same junbction as totally blocked. What gives?

Message 1 of 10 (391 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
ok1_1

Re: road is closed..oh no its not..oh yes it is....

Hi it could be that the device is stock so you will need to perform a soft reset on the unit just to refresh it to do this just press and hold the power botton on the unit for about 20 seconds the device will turn off and then it will turn back on

Message 2 of 10 (384 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
ohnotsureyet

[ Edited ]

no no this is the live information that also shows on the main tomtom map on their website.

Message 3 of 10 (375 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
ohnotsureyet

[ Edited ]

Clip.jpg

you can see the tomtom main map showing the road blocked sign. Yet this road is not blocked. Once i went through it this morning and maybe because of me doing just that, the information changed to incident cleared. But now they have it shown again.

Message 4 of 10 (370 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
ok1_1

in the case if the same information is on the web site than it must be an error from there end and the only thing we can do would be wait for them to fix it and if the error persist give them a call

Message 5 of 10 (368 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
ohnotsureyet

but my point is why did they say it was cleared the moment i went through it but then revert back to saying its blocked.

Message 6 of 10 (365 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,332
Solutions: 541

@ok1_1: I can tell you from experience, by calling TT about a temporary closure or so, you can't achieve a single thing. They won't rush to get it changed. Also pointless to report it in MSR as it is a temporary issue, won't be accepted (fair enough). Unfortunately these things happen...

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 7 of 10 (343 Views)
Please use plain text.
Legendary Explorer
ohnotsureyet

the point here is that this is not a temporary block, its an imaginary one. There never was a blockage and they reinstated it after telling me its clear tonce i went through it.

Message 8 of 10 (338 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,332
Solutions: 541

Were there no roadworks "recently"? I remember some last summer around the petrol station, at the VW dealer, towards Bounds Green. Most probably human error. There are many of these kinds. The Albert Bridge was closed for over two years. During that time, TT always wanted to get you through. That's how HD it is.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 9 of 10 (335 Views)
Please use plain text.
bt2
Legendary Explorer
bt2

Same thing happened to me last night as I stopped at the traffic lights, road closed ahead

Message 10 of 10 (320 Views)
Please use plain text.