New Traveler
richlorraine

can't 'get started' in mytomtom...please help...

I've got a 'go live 1005 europe'...I've downloaded the mytomtom support application, my device's connected & appears on the toolbar informing me of updates. The problem is, when I click on 'get started', green box on mytomtom another page appears to select country or region but it just flashes on then off so I cannot update my device :-( I must be thick coz I've tried for days....got everything crossed someone can help me....thanks, Lorraine....

Message 1 of 3 (3,529 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,606
Solutions: 320

Re: can't 'get started' in mytomtom...please help...

Hi Lorraine,

there are a few issues existing linked to the MyTomTom support application. Therefore I've added solutions to those troubles below.

There are a few things that should be done regardless whether you encounter any troubles (in bold) and some that are for troubleshooting.

1. Set either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as default browser.
  2. Download and install the myTT application: http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted
  3. Make sure the myTT application is allowed to fully access the internet and isn't blocked by any antivirus or firewall software.
  4. Change the port settings of your myTT application from port 4000 to i.e. 4001 or 5000.
  5. I also recommend changing your preferences that future data gets downloaded first without the need of having the device connected to your computer.
  6. Connect your device to your computer, go to your network connections and set the network symbolizing your device as trusted network.
  7. Open the myTT application, log in using your account and link your device to that account. Keep in mind that you'll need a separate account with a different e-mail-address for each device.
  8. Always install application updates first without any other updates. After having installed all application updates install the other updates.
  9. Install every update as a single update and restart your device after each successful installation before starting the next update.
  10. Always plug your device in a USB port directly on your computer (preferably on the back) and not in any USB hub.
  11. Make sure neither the device nor the computer enters any kind of power saving modus during the installation process.
  12. Clear the cache of both the myTT application and the browser and try again.
  13. Try another USB cable to check if it is a cable issue.
  14. Make sure you've got the latest version of the Adobe flash player installed.
  15. Make sure that flash player and browser are of the same software type (32bit or 64bit)
  16. Use a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection if possible.
  17. Make sure you've got the latest version of the myTT application installed on your computer.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 3 (3,523 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
kieron

Re: can't 'get started' in mytomtom...please help...

Hi richlorraine - as you have already downloaded and installed the MyTomTom application, you do not need to click on the "Get started" tab. You will be notified of new updates by your "MyTomTom" icon in the tray below. Right click on this icon and a box will open, then click "Settings", "Cache", "Empty the cache" then "Save settings". Make sure the "Cache large content items on my computer (recommended) box is also ticked. You do not need to connect your Go Live 1005 at this stage. Updates are downloaded to the Cache on your PC first, then transferred to your Go Live 1005 later. Open the MyTomTom program and you should be able to sign in with your login and password. This should be on the "My Overview" page.

Next to the updates being offered, you should see a tab "Get updates" (you still don't need to connect your sat nav yet). Always download any new "Navigator" file first as this is very important, (untick any other offerings). Once a Navigator file has downloaded, connect your Go Live 1005 and the update should then automatically be transferred to your sat nav, then disconnect from the PC once your sat nav says its ok by removing the USB transfer lead. Re-boot the sat nav, (power button/15 second drum roll) and allow the sat nav to fire up including loading live services. Right click again on the "My TomTom" icon in the tray below,  then click "Settings", "Cache", "Empty the cache" then "Save settings". I always install one file download at a time then reset/re-boot my device/ empty cache etc and since purchasing in May last year has been ok.

TomTom Via Live 120 - UK & Ireland - May 2011 -
latest map - v940 - 2 hour battery life.
TomTom Go Live 825 Europe - June 2012 -
latest map - v940 - 3.15 hour battery life.
Navman N60i RDS-TMC - Feb 2007 - Jun 2012 - R.I.P.
Hp Workstation Windows 7 Pro 32 bit dual core.
JAVA (not Javascript) now disabled on latest Firefox due to security issues.
Norton Internet Security 2014 (not required to disable antivirus or firewall to install and allow access to the "MyDrive" PC program)

-TIP- : When asking a question, don't forget to mention which TomTom device you have, PC, operating system & browser - the more detail you provide, the easier it is for others to help.
Message 3 of 3 (3,517 Views)
Please use plain text.