afn
Neophyte Traveler
afn

The activation code you entered is valid but ...

New TomTom XXl 550 user. TomTom Home has been installed and app upgrades to latest versions completed.  I enter the activation code for Fuel Price Service and receive the following message:

The activation code you entered is valid but the associated product doesn’t work with your device type or with the version of the application you have installed on it. Please install the latest version of the device application by clicking ‘Update my device’ in the main menu. Then enter your activation code again.

Solutions anyone???

Message 1 of 37 (5,449 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: The activation code you entered is valid but ...

Have you indeed updated the application? when you connect to Home. Update my Unit? Is there an application offered?

You may want to call CS at 866-486-6866. They're open Saturdays in NA.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 37 (5,438 Views)
Please use plain text.
afn
Neophyte Traveler
afn

Only app offered for update the phone link app - which I do not need. Like I said, the unit has been fully updated. And I did call CS - placed on hold and then a fast busy after 10 min. So that route is not working either.

Message 3 of 37 (5,410 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
AndrewV

You'll have to give Customer Support a call on Monday to get the service added to your account.

To expedite the process have a scan of your Proof of Purchase and the promotion card. The agents should walk you through uploading those to our system and getting that service added afterwards.

This service does work on the XXL 550 as I've justed updated the fuel prices on one I have.

866 486 6866

Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

“I work for TomTom but the views expressed here are my own.”
Message 4 of 37 (5,405 Views)
Please use plain text.
afn
Neophyte Traveler
afn

Thanks Andrew. I have done all of that and no I am waiting for reply. Apparently it was escalted to 2nd level support. 5 days and waiting for a resolution... sigh...

Message 5 of 37 (5,311 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
AndrewV

Do you have your reference number?

Message 6 of 37 (5,306 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
garyp

AndrewV, I have exactly the same problem. I have scanned my receipt and fuel price service certificate and will call the telephone number you gave. Thank you for the advice.
Message 7 of 37 (5,257 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
AndrewV

I haven't been given a reason why, but the promotion code when used with this device seems to give that message.

But I have an XXL 550 with Fuel Prices on it and it works fine. Its just a matter of getting the service into the account. Which Customer Support should be able to do for you with the receipt and copy of the code card.

Message 8 of 37 (5,253 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Champerny

Hi I am having the same problem. It says right on the box of the xxl550TM that I bought today that it includes  1 free year of the service but when I type in the activation code it tells me that it doesnt work on this model. What a headache. It says it does right on the front of the box.  Very disatisfied with my first Tom Tom device :smileysad:

Message 9 of 37 (5,005 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Call CS at 866-486-6866 tomorrow to rectify the issue.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 10 of 37 (5,003 Views)
Please use plain text.