Prominent Wayfarer
Rubach

New TomTom Home v 2.9.4.3058

[ Edited ]

Starting TomTomHome this morning there was a new version to be downloaded/installed. (marked a critical update so it should launch by itself - If you dont get it try to run Home menu "Help/HomeUpdater"

New TomTomHome  v2943058.PNG

If you think my answer or tip was helpful. Give a kudos.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom Go930T Exclusive
8GB Sandisc Extreme SDHC Class10
Europe v. 937.5913
North America v. Original - 840.2562
TomTomHome 2.9.8.3423
Message 1 of 5 (597 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Galen

Re: New TomTom Home v 2.9.4.3058

Since installing the above update I cannot get the online "Use TomTpm route planner" to work correctly. It frequently locks up, sometimes completly (requiring a browser shutdown) and the ability to drag the map around is spasmodic - if it works at all. The problem exists in Firefox and Internet Explorer 10, although it is worse in Firefox. If I start the process, type in a start and finish postcode it usually shows a route (sometimes it takes a while for all the route to appear) but any attempt to do anything else or edit the route details causes lockups. Is there a known problem and an update due, or can I download the old verion from somewhere (that worked with no problems at all)?

Regards,

Bob

Message 2 of 5 (486 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
Rubach

[ Edited ]

I use Chrome Galen and i have played around with it for a while now -  works fine for me - although giving me som strange directions (nothing new tho...)

However this is not a Home issue as u have figured - Home just redirects you to the webpage so its more a software/graphics-driver/webreader-issue.

I would download the webreader again (not installing it) - do a full wipe of all webreaders on pc - then installing it again.

Check that u have the latest versions of flash and download the lates graphics-driver for your g-card maybe?

If none of this helps U should e-mail support with your consern if u havent got a solution here within a few days. (U could of course try Google Chrome and see if it will sort the problem for u)

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TomTom Go930T Exclusive
Europe v. 937.5913
TomTomHome 2.9.8.3423
Message 3 of 5 (472 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Galen

Thanks for the reply. I actually found an old copy of Home and installed it to check - there was no difference, so the problem is with the site. Both browsers are up to date and the Flash versions are the latest. I cleared the caches and that didn't help either. The graphics card drivers are up to date - I have a fast card that plays the latest games flat out and full screen, so that's not it. I checked my connection speed and that's running at 14.5 Mbs. My conclusion is that the TomTom website is being slowed down and/or locking up - perhaps by something connected with those silly pop up adverts they now inflict on us. I'll try again another day, and then take it up with the e-mail support folk if it's still the same. Thanks again for the reply.

Regards,

Bob

Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
Rubach

Im running a 60/60Mbit fiberoptic and have no issues. However i use Chrome with Adblock so i have none of those issues.

Could be an issue connected to that and the fact that new maps for Nav2 units are released today... (heavy strain on servers)

TomTom Go930T Exclusive
Europe v. 937.5913
TomTomHome 2.9.8.3423
Message 5 of 5 (452 Views)
Please use plain text.