Neophyte Traveler
cnardell

Los Angeles I-405 closure

Does anyone know if TomTom traffic on the iPhone will automatically route me around the 405 closure this weekend?

Message 1 of 6 (694 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
cnardell

Re: Los Angeles I-405 closure

I can answer my own question....TomTom tries to route me through the closed 405!!!! The biggest highway closure of all time, and the TomTom doesn't know about it!!!!

Message 2 of 6 (659 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
doctormstein1

can you block route in mapshare.  If possible this is the easiest way around it until it is fixed.  You can also go to the teleatlas website and block the road their which will make it faster around tomtom to correct.

Message 3 of 6 (653 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
cnardell

Sure, you CAN block it yourself. However, I don't mind paying for traffice every year, but expect that I won't have to enter my own road closures. Also, this highway is closed for two days. By the time they get around to incorporating my input, the highway will be open again.

Message 4 of 6 (644 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
doctormstein1

Unfortunately you have to do it to make it easy on yourself

Message 5 of 6 (641 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

[ Edited ]

On the TT online route planner http://routes.tomtom.com, the road is blocked and you will be re-routed along other roads when you plan a route. And that website is based on the same HD Traffic info that the LIVE devices of TomTom receive. So I don't know why the closure is not on your iPhone. 

Message 6 of 6 (627 Views)
Please use plain text.