Supreme Trailblazer
j_roger_new

Live traffic failure to warn M40 23rd Nov

M40 closed due to crash today. TT correctly advises 61mins delay early on run and advised new route. Then diverts back to old route showing only 5 mins delay. Like a mug I believed it that the traffic had cleared. Why does an hour's delay with virtually standing traffic get ignored.

Should have played safe I know and entirely my fault I didn't overrule the route but still a total screw up from Tom Tom Uk in that such a major jam was so badly reported.
John
User GO-LIVE 750 with HD Traffic & Live services subscription - Location Portland, Dorset.

(Also have a Vauxhall sat-nav system in-built into my Zafira but rarely used due to out of date mapping)
Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,387
Solutions: 554

Re: Live traffic failure to warn M40 23rd Nov

:smileysad: Similar thing happened to me on the 22nd in Windsor. All the roads were closed to the Castle, and I was going round-and-round in traffic, hunting for a parking space. There is some space for improvement.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)
Please use plain text.