Zsolt
Kudos: 2,348
Solutions: 545

Re: LIVE Services outage (Error 148)

In my opinion TT should take Expedia, TripAdvisor and Twitter out to decrease the load of the mobile network. That might help a bit.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 31 of 137 (1,348 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
markItalt

LIVE Services down on ALL ITALY please refund service

LIVE Services down on ALL ITALY please refund service

Message 32 of 137 (1,211 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
medic1128

is this something that is going to take long to fix .... one of the biggist travail weekends coming up and in KY an TN there are some road closers it would be nice if thing got going SOON

Message 33 of 137 (1,188 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

US customers shouldn't be affected by this Vodafone outage, as far as I am concerned.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE

Message 34 of 137 (1,167 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
Nevergiveup

[ Edited ]

arcimarco wrote:

We're sorry .. just this ?

I spent time and money for nothing ... two big issues in few days !!!

You are loser in market

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though the above contribution has been written some hours ago, I still want to make a general comment.

Having joined the user forum only a few days ago, I am somewhat disappointed, - not in the forum itself, which on the whole has probably helped a lot of users to get back on track, once the fix was out.

Is the anger and abuse really necessary in order to make a point?  Who is the loser in the end? Is the problem really being fixed faster that way? Is the forum not here for users to try and help other users?

Just as we have a thumb up system for contributions that have been helpful to individuals, it probably would be good to have a thumb down system.

Yes it is inconvenient when things don't work, but that is life. There is always a way to work around things without this negativity.

As to the fire in Rotterdam, I am sure that TT did not need it, I am sure they will have live services back as soon as possible for them.

Here is a link to one of many articles about the fire: 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-04/vodafone-reports-fire-in-rotterdam-network-equipment-site.h...

Message 35 of 137 (1,160 Views)
Please use plain text.
Prominent Wayfarer
radosuaf

Poland's out since yesterday as well. At least I am.

Blue&Me TomTom 2 LIVE
Message 36 of 137 (1,101 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt

@Nevergiveup: Very well written. Anger won't solve the problems.

Message 37 of 137 (1,074 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
neilxfraser

[ Edited ]

@Nevergiveup - absolutely agree. Can't believe some of the posts in this thread and the other related to the same problem. Some people just don't read and take in the information and just post with threats or abuse and others seem to demanding compensation from TT for something that really is beyond their control. Those that demand that TT should have better back ups in place should look at the industry they work in to see whether they are covered for all eventualities - I think not. Loved the post from a guy who had had the misfortune to buy a TT in the midst of all this confusion so actually hasn't had it up and running at all  and yet somehow thinks he's entitled to some form of 'compensation' - typical of this 'compo driven' society today. In this particular case if you don't like it take it back, get a refund and move on - unbelievable. Another recent post "Having the same problem - what's the solution?" READ! Be patient and wait, there is no magic solution yet.

Message 38 of 137 (1,019 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
chillyman

HI I dont get the error but i am in the UK and live services just says wait a momnet and has for two days now, what aboyt those live services?

Message 39 of 137 (971 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
andyrover

@chillyman  I left Luxembourg to the UK yesterday.  Live services were 'stuck' in the same way you're seeing for me too.  They didn't work in Luxembourg, didn't work in Belgium, didn't work in France, didn't work in the Tunnel (really!), and are still not working in the UK.

I don't get an error, it just says 'wait a moment'.

I can't understand two things:

1) TomTom/Vodafone NL - they do not have a DR site? Really?  I can understand a few hours of downtime in case of fire, but several days???

2) Since the LIVE services outage started, even basic GPS has gone AWOL. The unit stays on 'Waiting for satellites' for minutes (left it for at least 15 minutes).  A temporary fix is to do a hard reset (keep the button pressed until the drum sounds) and after a few minutes -not the usual seconds it takes- it starts receiivng a GPS fix.  Anyone else had this?

Message 40 of 137 (965 Views)
Please use plain text.