Apprentice Explorer
davidsln

Re: Customer Service Feedback - where to file complaints so management will see

If you paid using PayPal, then they might be able to help. I think it worked for somebody else here.

Good Luck!

Message 61 of 73 (1,238 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
xockered

Dear Rev.Lillie,
You have more chance of your camel passing through the eye of a needle than getting TomTom to respond to any queries or complaints, they only have a sales dept, they do not repond to customers in any way shape or form! Just put it down to experience and don't buy TomTom next time and tell that to your friends.
Message 62 of 73 (1,237 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
xockered

If you bought your item using Paypal then go back to them and submit a complaint, they will re-emburse you and then re-charge Tom Tom, this works every time as PayPal are sick to death of this stupid American TomTom company.

Message 63 of 73 (1,234 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
PhilipStan

I purchased a Start 60 on 02/08/12 and my account informs me that the 90 day update option has expired.

according to Tom Tom time.

My complaint is that the wesite is configured to make it impossible to link this query to Tom Tom. The site is in my view configured to make it impossible to access any one direct in Tom Tom.

Can any one at Tom Tom do anything to resolve this a\and disabuse me of my opinion that Tom Tom customer care does not exist regards Philip

Message 64 of 73 (1,169 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
xockered

Phillip,

No, not a cat in hell's chance that anyone at Tom Tom will ever read your complaint as no one at Tom Tom cares what you think, do or say.

We've got your money now you can sod off is their attitude!

American customer relations at its very best!

Sorry mate, join the other 1,023,981 disallusioned users!

Message 65 of 73 (1,165 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
PhilipStan

oxered hi and thanks for your response. I know that ALL businesses rely on two things.

1. The punter is always right -that leads to:

2. REPEAT TRADE

If Tom Tom do not obsrve this simple rule then in time they will GO BUST its as simple as that.

Its just plain bad business practice to expect customers to be loyal and buy further product and services if they cannot provide adequate basic customer care.

I dont know if the company reads these comments but they ignore them at their peril

1 dissatisfied customer will put off on average a further 25 punters while 1 satisfied customer will generate between 5- 11  new

If Tom Tom admin read this: bad business will unemploy you so GET BEHIND YOUR CLIENTS AND PROVIDE CUSTOMER CARE  

Message 66 of 73 (1,150 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
PhilipStan

xockered

Forgot to mention. There must be ownership of this business either an individual/MD/Board.

They may be unaware of this problem as they sun themselves on their super yachts in the Bahamas but sure as eggs is eggs they will not want to downsize to a pedalo. Anyone know what the Admin structure of Tom tom is up to the top of the pyramid. No one can kick ass until this is known

Message 67 of 73 (1,144 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
berniem

Hi all:

I believe I was the originator of this thread a year or so ago.

In researching this company, I found that their headquarters in the USA is in Concord, Massachusetts. Maybe a phone call or more could get them moving. I have also contacted the consumer rating company, JD Power regarding their very positive report on customer service and quality. I guess they awarded TomTom with several high star ratings. I'm sure JD Power could not have investigated the companies customer service as an actual customer with a issue or complaint have also alerted the Massachusetts Attorney Generals office of the matter, but they seem uninterested. Maybe the Federal Trade Commission is in our sights next???

I still own the TomTom, but use my smart phone as well as a shiny new Garmin.

Message 68 of 73 (1,138 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
davidsln

With a genuine complaint in the US, it is worth contacting the local Better Business Bureau, and registering a complaint with them. Find them on the Internet.

If everyone here with a current actual unresolved complaint contacts the BBB, then something might happen. No guarantee, of course, but I have used this method with good effect in the past, with a removals company.

Try this for starters:

http://www.bbb.org/boston/Business-Reviews/computers-hardware-software-and-services/tomtom-inc-in-co...

There is a lonk there to File a Complaint.

Good Luck!

Message 69 of 73 (1,131 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
gopi_scr

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have TOMTOM xxl 540 xls

it had problem just after 5 months so they replaced it but  again i had problem with device (replcement)

I have Incident no [Incident: 120827-000302 i tried to contact your customer care but i didnt satisfiedd with their resolution

i need to what is TOMTOM's customer satisfaction policy ?

& what  is TOMTOM'S product quality ?

why it fails so quicly ?

I want to forward complant to Management & want Replacement device or resolve issue

call me *removed for privacy*

Message 70 of 73 (972 Views)
Please use plain text.