Neophyte Traveler
Dcaruso93

Cant connect my tomtom to my computer

Hey all I just got a tomtom go 2535 M Live and Im trying to connect it to my tomtom home so i can put the new Mr. T voice I pruchased. But for some reason it doesn't connect. Yet yesterday I was able to update my tomtom via mytomtom on the internet.  Why wont it connect to mytomtom but not tomtomhome.  Also it doesn't coming up on my computer. Just the website.

Message 1 of 27 (10,549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: Cant connect my tomtom to my computer

Your device won't work with Home, only MyTomtom (tomtom.com/getstarted) and it won't show as an external drive on your computer when you connect it to the computer.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 27 (10,546 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Dcaruso93

Ok so what do i do??  It says in the email i got i need to use tomtomhome to put the voice in

Message 3 of 27 (10,550 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Dcaruso93

Apparently it installed it to my gps but the voice is not on my gps

Message 4 of 27 (10,545 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

I presume you downloaded the sound file. Connect your unit to the computer and an additional menu item shows on the desktop icon, 'Add Community Content'. It is there that the file can be added to the gps unit.

But you need to find the location of your file on the computer.

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 27 (10,537 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
gothonia

recently I went to switch my tom tom on and was greeted with a flashing red cross in the bottom right hand side of the screen on the opposite side a picture of a hard drive? my tom tom is a start 2, so onto the site i went and after a warm reboot i tried again ?still nothing?....so after several attempt and reeboots i'm stuck with the same problem.

I downloaded tom home and tried to connect to pc but still nothing, when first plugging the device into my pc it gives the initial connect audio duh duh ..but nothing after that. After hours of frustration i decided to attempt a full hard rebbot and dissconnected the battery, after doing so  i switched on again and was greeted with my tomt tom in working order :smileyhappy:, but when i switched off and on again this reverted back to the flashing cross :smileysad:...so i'm back to square one, i havent used my tom tom much from new so it cant be worn out already lol....very dissapointed 

Message 6 of 27 (10,417 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Lenard

I have tried several times to connect to my computer but cannot. I have downloaded tomtom home

Message 7 of 27 (9,261 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

What model do you have?

Message 8 of 27 (9,259 Views)
Please use plain text.
Supreme Trailblazer
martin86

Try resetting the unit with the dedicated reset hole on the bottom. 

Message 9 of 27 (8,872 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
almir1231

Re: Can't connect my tomtom to my computer

Hi guys I really need some help.. I have an tomtom xl 30 series  

And I bought some snoop doog voice and I wanted to install on my gps but some how it doesn't connect with my PC

Its just charging.. IM using   MYTOMTOM  and I went to tomtom.com/getstarted I downloaded my tomtom home still wont work any one have an idea ? pls help me : ) good bless everyone : ) 

Message 10 of 27 (8,065 Views)
Please use plain text.