Apprentice Explorer
foggypants

activation pending

I bought Tomtom in google play store for my HTC incredible. It's working fine with two exceptions. I bought the add ons for hr traffic and speed camera's. In my services it says I've successfully purchased but says pending activation. I've not received any emails other than Google's confirmation of purchase. Who do I activate the services? It's really not clear.
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Alrik

Re: activation pending

[ Edited ]

Same for me. I have sent an email with my payment confirmation. The weird thing is that one in-app purchase was delivered (HD traffic) and the other one wasn't (speed cams).

Let wait and see what they are going to do about it.

Message 2 of 46 (1,662 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
foggypants

It gets worse. I got to my destination using TomTom, worked just as good as dedicated units, so far so good.....

Turn TomTom off and phone freezes, black screen. Had to do a soft reset and now when o go back into TomTom services it says I don't have any. It no longer says activation pending. I've sent an email to TomTom intl bv for both orders as I'm worried ill get charged twice if I download again. I'll report back when I get a reply.
Message 3 of 46 (1,659 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Alrik

Yea, I had the same. Saw Pending Activation. And now it's gone. I am sure they can see I paid for it and they will fix it. Hope they do it before the one month speed cams service is over :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 46 (1,655 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
JanPedersen

I have the same error but with the addition when I exit TomTom then I get a message on the Android messagepanel saying something about TomTom HD failed.

It gets worse. Due to this errormessage I thought that the entire paymenttransaction failed, so I bought the TomTom HD once  more - and suddenly I got 2 TomTom HD - both pending activation - I left TomTom on all night but the result was not a success.

Now I have bought 2 TomTom HD and it doesn't work/not activated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.4 (Samsung original).

Message 5 of 46 (1,621 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
foggypants

Hopefully someone from TomTom will be reading this (hint hint) and pop a reply to offer their input to these issues and get them resolved.
Message 6 of 46 (1,616 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
JanPedersen

Yes thats what I hope too. Since You can't contact TomTom-support regarding Android. It's not possible to register a question with support if there is an issue with their Android-app.

This is something TomTom should have made possible the moment they released the app !:catmad:

Message 7 of 46 (1,610 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Alrik

Yes, you can ask a question about the Android app. Just select iPhone first. Then you will see a form where you can change iPhone to Android.

It's a bit of a workaround.

Message 8 of 46 (1,601 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Alrik

Oh, one more thing. I purchased the Speed Cams while on Wifi. On wifi it is listed as Activation Pending. On 3G it is not listed at all.

I have read issues where there were problems with downloading while on wifi or 3G. Switching to the other solved it for some.

Message 9 of 46 (1,599 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
JanPedersen

Hi Alrik

Android-support has now been activated (at least on the danish site). So I have registered my issue with TomTom.
I will update when I get some news from TomTom.
Message 10 of 46 (1,595 Views)
Please use plain text.