Kao
Novice Explorer
Kao

Re: TomTom Car Kit for iPhone won't charge iPhone 4 with IOS 5

It looks like you're experiencing a different type of problem than everyone else here. Keep us updated on your progress or if you find a solution. I was one of the lucky ones with my adapter working with my my 4 and 4s on ios5.

I came here because the street names on my 3d map keep disappearing but I'm glad to find solutions to other people's problems. You never know when you'll run into the same problem so it's good to see solutions before hand.

Message 11 of 35 (3,689 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
delste

Keep trying different thicknesses

Message 12 of 35 (3,687 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
dave604

I have the same problem, but with a 3gs. thickness shouldn't be a problem here. I will try on my brother's car kit, in a different car, usgin hard reset(hold home+lock until apple logo appears, dusting off, etc)

the thing is this has just started RIGHT AFTER upgrading to ios 5. :smileysad: can't downgrade either.

Will tomtom do a firmware upgrade ?

Message 13 of 35 (3,660 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
moslekcin

Hi All

Right, this is what worked for me;

I had a iPhone 4 running ios 5 and all was fine. Since upgrading my to 4s my TomTom car kit wouldnt regognise the new phone.

1. Remove the iPhone 4 adapter (retangular stick on thing that comes with the kit specifically for the iphone 4)
  2. turn it over so it is facing the wrong way. You should still have enough stick left behind on the kit itself to stick on again - must be the wrong way around!!
  3. Job done!!

Works a treat

Message 14 of 35 (3,654 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
stonefield

To Kao, you say that your iPhone 4 on IOS 5 works in the car kit, what's the firmware version of your car kit?

The Car Kit Tool app tells me that mine is 0.0.4, model 4UUB4

I also tells me that it's docked and gets a GPS fix, yet doesn't charge in the car kit.

Message 15 of 35 (3,644 Views)
Please use plain text.
Kao
Novice Explorer
Kao

Model No. 4UUB4

Firmware 0.0.49

Hardware 1.0.0

I've tested two verizon iphone 4 running ios5, one att iphone 4 running ios5, and my own att iphone 4s running ios5. It all works as normal (minus the disappearing street names on the 3d map). The iphones were running ios 4.3.5 prior to updating to ios5.

Is the bluetooth connecting? I'm starting to lean towards not enough power going into the tomtom unit to charge the iphone. I recall some people were having trouble charging their ipads on a computer usb port while using it at the same time and how it would only charge if they turned the device off.

Message 16 of 35 (3,641 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
dave604

Yesterday I went to replace my tomtom car kit, went two rounds with the car, and the problem didn't occur. doh. I suppose I should be happy then ? :smileyhappy: I still have about 2 months warranty, and I think the car kit bloody knows that :smileywink:

Message 17 of 35 (3,619 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
stonefield

Oops - typo in my previous post - it's version 0.0.48 but that's still lower than 0.0.49 that's reportedly working.

Message 18 of 35 (3,590 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
MB_driver

TomTom needs to update the car kit tool for IOS5!!!!!
Message 19 of 35 (3,399 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
kidd007

Re: TomTom Car Kit for iPhone won't charge iPhone 3GS with IOS 5

I having same problem worked fine until upgrade getting message on phone saying device does not support charging !.

Message 20 of 35 (3,360 Views)
Please use plain text.