Novice Explorer
Yellowduck

Re: TomTom 1.7 iOs 5 compatible

In my opinion there was never a good reason TomTom could not fix this issue pre-iOS 5 release. Nothing prevented them releasing a version that worked with iOS 4 and iOS 5 using the iOS 4 SDK except one thing: and that one thing is that TomTom would have been forced to implement in-app purchasing in accordance with Apple's requirements. Without doing this any  application update wouldn't have been approved by Apple. And, until that change to their software happens it's going to stay broken. The consequence of this change happening is that Apple gets to clip the ticket and it's that loss of revenue for TomTom (I imagine) that is the real issue here.

At least there are now huge numebrs of people with this problem and this should twist TomTom's hand.

But I could be wrong that this is all about in-app subscription money, although I doubt I am.

Message 71 of 138 (1,695 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
raweathers

I have reported the same problem to TomTom and they told me to contact Apple as it is their problem. Funny, my Groove app was able to restore purchases just fine.

Message 72 of 138 (1,529 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
nsayer

Ok, TomTom. For months now your excuse has been "It's a beta. It's unsupported."

You've known iOS 5 was coming. You knew the date was yesterday. You've had every opportunity to fix this in plenty of time for the launch.

That it still does not work is absolutely intolerable.

I want my money back.

Message 73 of 138 (1,505 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
millwallben

I am glad of one thing with this issue, at least there are a numbert of users complaning and pushing their complaints.  I love the TomTom iphote app, but I am really thinking of using another service now as it is just rediculas that not only does the app now not function fully, but i am wasting money each day wilest there is no know fix or date when a fix will be availible.  TomTom sort this out, as your customers we expect better! If you cant sort it out real soon, at lease have the decence to comunicate with us!

Message 74 of 138 (1,472 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Explorer
protocollie

Gonna be calling Apple about a refund today. The garmin app seems to function absolutely beautifully, as does CoPilot Live (which is actually really pretty and seems to do traffic much more reliably than Tomtom ever did for $9/yr. The app itself is on sale for $15 right now!)

And for the record, TomTom, it's not the lack of functionality, it's the lack of communication. If I could find any public acknowledgement of the problem or promise to fix it, that'd be one thing - but still nothing, even after knowing this was an issue all throughout the iOS5 beta program. If you DIDN'T know, that's an even stronger indication of a systematic failure to provide a decent level fo customer service to paying users.

Sorry, guys. Real bummer it didn't work out.

Message 75 of 138 (1,408 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
jasonbetts

I have had this problem since about Beta 3, and have bit my tongue as I was using the Beta version of iOS5.

Now it's out in the wild, this has become totally unacceptable. I have paid a fair amount to use the HD Traffic Service for a year, and for every day that I am not able to use this it's wasting my money.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, and for every day that it isn't I think TomTom should extend the HD Traffic service on everybodies' accounts.

Message 76 of 138 (1,371 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
kormakid7

upgraded to os5 full version today and have same problem unable to restore purchases. wont recognise account details even changed my password a few times incase it was me being forgetful.

WTF......  come on fix it..... or im going to Co-Pilot LIve

Message 77 of 138 (1,323 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
tomtomtomtom

Same problem here. Been kicking around since the betas. Tom Tom Time To Step Up.

Message 78 of 138 (1,304 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
raweathers

Not only does traffic not work even though it tells me my subsciption is valid, I cannot restore any custom voices either. 

Message 79 of 138 (1,299 Views)
Please use plain text.
Staff
Zoë

Hi all,

Sincere apologies for the issues you're facing with being unable to restore any purchases through the TomTom Shop on the iPhone. We're aware of this and we're looking into into it as a matter of urgency.

When we have more information to communicate on this, we'll update you here.

Thanks for your continued patience with us on this and again our apologies for the inconvenience.

Zoe

Please use plain text.