20-11-2011 07:30 AM
Is this APP Compatible with iPhone and Ipad?
Do I need to Purcahse separate App for both devices or can be use same install??
Do I need to purachase Traffic HD Subscriptions?
Any Other Subscriptions need to be purchased???
Does this work without WiFi And 3G??
I am Going to get all new versions downloads for FREE?
21-11-2011 05:15 PM
To answer your questions:
- The app is indeed compatible with iPhone and iPad, as well as iPod Touch
- You don't need to purchases the app twice. One purchase and you can install it on up to 5 of your iDevices (appstore limit)
- If you want to receive traffic updates, you'll need to purchase the subscription. Also it's limited to be used on one device at a time. So if you want to use it on two or more devices simultaniously, you'll have to purchase it once for each
- We also have speed cam subscription which you can purchase. Our maps do (still) come with inbuilt speed cam data, however, the subscription offers a more up-to-date database, which even includes user reported speed cams
- Both subscription (speed cam and traffic) need a 3G connection in order to work. Be aware that especially in abroad areas, the costs for dataroaming can be quite high (depending on your service provider)
- Every new version update is for free and will always be. Every quarter year, you get an updated TomTom app + the most up-to-date map for free
Hope that answered all your questions
In case you want to know more, just ask. You can also pm me if you'd like
Thanks and Kind Regards
23-11-2011 12:10 PM
Thanks Andreas, Much appreciated your response.
"Every new version update is for free and will always be. Every quarter year, you get an updated TomTom app + the most up-to-date map for free"
so its not like TomTom Devices, as you have to purchase all new maps. Does this app support free NEW maps or map updates??
what's normal start up time for app with GPS Signal?
24-11-2011 06:06 PM
Hi again, I might be interpreting your question wrong, so please correct me if I do.
You'll get a new version of your map for free. So, let's say the map version was 870.xxx when you bought the app, then the next update will include the 875.xxx map of same map area.
The startup time depends a lot on which device you're using and on your phone's reception
On an iPhone4 using OS5.0.1, the initial startup time is about 10 seconds for one of our bigger apps (I used W.Europe)
In most cases, you'll have a gps fix right away, meaning your device instantly knows where you are and which direction you're heading. This is due to the iPhone and iPad not only using a gps chip to determine your location, but also a digital compass and cell tower triangulation
However, there's some cases known in which this takes up to a minute as you might be in an area where there's low cell tower coverage or your service provider might not support this service altogether and your device has to rely on gps and compass only
Sorry for the long text, hope it answers your question though
Thanks and Kind regards