22-08-2011 03:09 AM
- Less chatty. I don't really want 6 or 7 prompts for each turn.
- Exits don't all need to be called out if I'm not supposed to take them - combined with the above, it means that the iPhone app is talking almost continuously when I'm on I-5 in Los Angeles. Every exit along the way is given the whole "in 800 yards, keep left - in 400 yards, keep left - keep left - keep left, then keep left" routine.
- Text-To-Speech does such a bad job on most of the street names in California that it's actually more confusing to have it turned on.
- Currently, I can select to either lower the music volume or pause the music when there is a prompt. I'd like an option to leave the music volume alone and play the prompt quietly. It would be very nice if it could do that when I get a phone call as well.
22-08-2011 06:07 AM
I'll add a couple:
1. I'd like to be able to contribute to the map data by uploading trip data. (maybe a few MBs of allocated space for storing trip data that automatically uploads to TomTom on sensing a valid WiFi connection). Don't know if this is possible, but would be a great addition for the development of map data.
2. The "Home" quick nav button is great, if one more was added called "Work" that would be great. Selecting it out of favriotes can be a pain....and lets face it, most uses typically drive "Home" to "Work" an back again most days.
Other than that all good, love the app.....best app on my iphone.
27-08-2011 02:17 PM
I'd love to have the option to:
- Add custom POI files and custom voices through either MyTomTom, or the File Sharing option in iTunes: I have several voices from my TomTom Navigator 5 days that I'd prefer to listen to rather than the standard ones in the app, and I have several POI files that would free up my favourites.
- Add more favourites: 50 favourites are not enough when you're not able to add custom POI files. In Western Europe as a whole, I have more than 50 locations that I visit (or need to visit) when I travel. Now I have to be careful how I manage them.
03-09-2011 01:15 AM
However, as far as I understand DiskAid, you have to push your custom POI files back across after every app update, whereas with TomTom Home integration or something similar, TomTom would take care of it during updates.
03-09-2011 01:21 AM
Yes I agree, But you should know that tomtom home doesnt even work for tomtom hardware right now. Id say when they get it working for their hardware then they will get it working for Apple hardware.
30-03-2012 06:22 PM
Agreed. I think the app would be better if under the audio section in settings, there was also an option to neither fade nor pause the music in the background. Just let the direction announcements play over the top of the music, without pausing the music or fading at all. For example, If you only are playing the music quietly in the background anyway, then a requirement to pause the music for the announcement, or to fade the music is redundant and is just plain annoying.
10-04-2012 03:51 AM
I'd like to be able to use my Tom Tom w my IPhone and not have my Iphone be dead when I get to my destination or die in the middle of a long trip. It keeps telling me the program will not ALLOW charging AT THE SAME TIME. that is crazy!