Novice Explorer
AustinKaz

Saving Coordinates for Current Location recall later

I use the TotmTom app on my iPhone, which i purchased on the Apple App Store

When using the application, I know I can find my current GPS coordinates in the "share your location" or the "help me" menus.

The probem is that when I am traveling, I need to sometines mark and get back to a specific location I am now at a later time. GPS coordinateds works good for this marking process.

Without a menu item to either save my location to a place like "Recient Destinations" or "Favorites", I have to manually write my location down with pencil and paper for recal later or I have to take a picture of the iPhone screen and later write it down for use later.

I looked for this feature, but cannot find a function to save and also lable the coordinates I am located now for later return navigate back to those coordinates.

This seems like a basic needed fucion.  Can someone help me find it or give me information who to speak to at TomTom to have it programmed in an upcomming release.

Message 1 of 4 (816 Views)
Please use plain text.
TomTom Employee
Sinny

Re: Saving Coordinates for Current Location recall later

There's a few ways you can save locations:

1. Have you got coordinates displayed in the map browser? If not, select the little 'I' in the bottom right hand corner and select 'coordinates'. You can toggle between the different coordinate types by selecting the coordinates that's displayed in the bottom left hand corner (Also pressing and holding them enables you to copy the coordinates)

2. But this sounds more like what you are looking for: Select a location in the map browser and then select the little address bubble and you can directly save that location as a favourite or as a contact.

3. You could take a photo and navigate to it that way (if you have geo-tagging enabled when taking the pictures)

Hope that helps?

Novice Explorer
AustinKaz

Thank you for your idea.  I learned how to find my gps coordinated "Brouse Map".

However, this does not solve my question.  How do I enter these coordinates diredtly into a location to navigate to, or a "Favorite", or to "Recient Destinations".

When I copy the coordinates the way you suggest, i am unable to paste it into "Navigate to Coordinates".  It will not paste.  Further, it copies logitude and lattitude together.  This software requirs these to be separate entries.  All other "Navigat to" selections will not recognize these coordinates.

I can get the coordinates as you and I both demonstrated.  The problem is that I am forced to manually type this long number string into the "Navigate to Coordinates selection".

Am i missing something?

Message 3 of 4 (796 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
AustinKaz

I did notice that I can save "My Current Location" as a favorite.  The issue here are two:

1. I am unable to relable the destination to one I can remember
  2. I am unable to chose to save it as a GPS coordinate.  It just picks it up as some odd addres if not at a specific adderss.
Message 4 of 4 (793 Views)
Please use plain text.