Master Traveler
Bjarne
Accepted Solution

Planning a route

Hi people.

I like my Tom Tom very much, but there is one thing that irritates me. We all know the "safety screen" is activated when you start moving when the device is docked on a bike docking station. I do not like this eather, but ok. Let that be. I am able to select one of the buttons from a menue to have present on this menu. So far so good. When I plan a route with several way-points, I have to pass every waypoint very close for the devise to register the way-point as "visited". If not, I will be told to turn arround and go back until I stop my bike, get the full meny, and select "way-point visited". It is very normal to select a city center as way-point, but you normally pass the city in the outskirts. Hence you have not passed the way-point close enough. I have tried to run this problem through Tom Tom support, telling them the following: Is it possible to program the button  "way-point visited" so that it is one of the buttons that I can select for the safety screen"? Then I could with one push select next way-point instead. Tom Tom do not seem to understand why this is necessary, and I am told they have no plans to do this small change in the programming.

Have anyone else experienced the same problem? If so I erge you all to copy my explenation and sent to Tom Tom support. I think when several people ask for the same thing they will listen.

Message 1 of 14 (1,656 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
Expert (RIDER)
kumo

Re: Planning a route

[ Edited ]

> It is very normal to select a city center as way-point, but you normally pass the city in the outskirts.

If you mark a specific point at the map or a address, you must be very close to this point to get it marked as "visited".

But there is a feature: If you select a city center, the waypoint is marked as "visited" in a larger distance. Try it out.

> Then I could with one push select next way-point instead.

Joghurt, member of a large german forum, provides a solution with his tool "Overleap". I won't post the link here, since this is a official TomTom forum and Joghurts tool is no official TomTom approved software. But Google will help you soon.

Overleap provides a button at the main screen. It definitively works at Rider and Rider 2nd.

---
Matthias

Rider 2nd, Map Europe v915 @ 4GB SanDisk SDHC
RIDER 2013, Map Europe v925
VIA 125 LIVE, Map Europe v915
GO 1000 LIVE, Map Europe v925
Environment: Win7 32 bit / Firefox / TomTom HOME 2.9.7.3256 / MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1502

Message 2 of 14 (1,650 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
Kenneth

Hi kumo - you're welcome to post the link.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Message 3 of 14 (1,636 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Voyager
Expert (RIDER)
kumo

Oh-key, do-key:

Overleap can be found >>>here<<<.

---
Matthias

Rider 2nd, Map Europe v915 @ 4GB SanDisk SDHC
RIDER 2013, Map Europe v925
VIA 125 LIVE, Map Europe v915
GO 1000 LIVE, Map Europe v925
Environment: Win7 32 bit / Firefox / TomTom HOME 2.9.7.3256 / MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1502

Message 4 of 14 (1,631 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
Bjarne

[ Edited ]

Thank you guys.

I will try to navigate through that ling and try to find out.

Message 5 of 14 (1,568 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Traveler
Bjarne

I have been in contact with Joghurt, and will download his software today.

He also told me that the function "scip to next waypoint" that can be chosen among the optional buttons in the "safe drive mode" has been implemented in the new Rider Urban. I think Tom Tom also could have done this minor change for Rider 2nd edition, but there you go. They obviesly want people to scrap a perfectly fine working devise (and buy a new one) just to get this option. Well, not me. The result is of cource that I have to implement unauthorized software, or mask one of the pins on my MC mount that makes the Safe meny appear.

It`s a pity.

Is it no way that the moderators on this forum can influence Tom Tom to re-consider? Little me was obviously not enough. The message from Tom Tom was that Support had been in contact with the programmers, and the answer was NO.

Message 6 of 14 (1,558 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
FJR-Paul-UK

I have download and used "Overleap" on my RIder 1 and it works great.

Message 7 of 14 (1,541 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Joghurt

The direct link to Overleap is this: http://gps.dg4sfw.de/?overleap

To install it, just connect your TomTom to your computer, wait 'till that orange/white screen comes up, then visit my webiste http://gps.dg4sfw.de/?overleap (you will need to allow your browser to execute my installation applet on the first time) and click the big "install/uninstall"-button.
It will then search for your TomTom and should display its serial number (and type, if not a 100x) and you can select "install". If it can't find your TomTom on the frist try, try "search".

If you then click "install" it will install my Overleap-plugin onto your TomTom.

After it is done, wait five seconds then disconnect your TomTom safely (on Windows use the little green remove-hardware-safely-arrow in your tray on the bottom right, next to your clock).

By the way: If you want to remove the plugin do everything the same way but instead of "install" there will be an "uninstall"-button.

If your then disconnect your USB-cable your TomTom should boot and you should see the overleap-button in the upper part of your navigation screen.

Beware: It will only work if you have a planned itinerary and your TomTom knows where it is! Does not work so good on the balcony and such...

Have fun! :smileyhappy:

Oh, and if you don't like the position of the button you can change that by editing the file "overleap.cfg" in the "Overleap"-directory on your TomTom using a normal text-editor.

And if you don't like the button or want a semi- or real transparent button, check out http://raw.dg4sfw.de/overleap/ Just download the package you want by clicking on the button you like, unpack it and throw the four files in it into the Overleap-directory, overwriting the files within.
The original button is also on that page. :smileywink:
Message 8 of 14 (1,256 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
Joghurt

Oh, and please be aware that this is NOT a tool made by TomTom but by me as a sole fan of their stuff who is not working for them, so PLEASE DO NOT bother them with support questions!
Message 9 of 14 (1,253 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
RobertJohnston

Now if you can perform magic and turn my 930 into a gps for trucks that to would be impressive

Thanks for the overleap button

Message 10 of 14 (1,192 Views)
Please use plain text.