New Traveler
georgetbruce4

post code

Hi I cant get my tom tom to recognise more than the first part of the post code , went to link for fix but wasnt enough space so put in memory card this still didnt help  any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (1,080 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,600
Solutions: 320

Re: post code

Hi,

do you have the appropriate zip file including the zipcodes installed on your device? If not you'll have to download that file and extract it to your devices memory. The file has to be the correct one fitting to your current map.

http://www.tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/Map_885/zip.zip

Just replace the number in the link above with the version number of your currently installed map. So if you've got the latest map v890 installed on your device you'll have to replace the 885 with 890 in the link.

Download the file to your computer and extract it to a folder called zip (all letters lower case). Afterwards copy this new folder containing the postcode files to your device's root folder. Now if searching an address using the postcode search (not the address search) you'll be able to use full postcodes.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 2 of 4 (1,077 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
haktrk

[ Edited ]

Tomtom rider doesn't accept full post code, i tried to download a zip file but can't paste it as it say not enough memory

please help

(I use apple mac)

Message 3 of 4 (1,050 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,600
Solutions: 320

Hi,

to be able to use the postcodes please follow the guide you'll find using the link below.

FAQ - How to install the full postcode search on your device (hyperlink)

As that file isn't really that large it should fit onto your device's memory. If it doesn't removing a picture or a sound you don't need any more should give you enough capacity. Afterwards you'll be able to use full postcode search but only if you navigate to a location using postcodes as address input.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 4 of 4 (994 Views)
Please use plain text.