teamMontei

my tomtom wont work

Message 1 of 11 (2,865 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: my tomtom wont work

Um, would you care to elaborate on the problem(s) you are encountering???

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 11 (2,861 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,393
Solutions: 554

:smileyhappy:

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 3 of 11 (2,845 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
teamMontei

HI. Sorry I did not get back to you earlier but I could not post on my iPhone and was in NW Scotland at the time. Thanks for responding to my problem. Maybe you can help me now. Like I said in my post.... My GO LIVE TOM TOM 1005 will not Work.It won't do anything!!

It is less than 12months old and was working well taking us from Devon to NE Scotland over a number of days then suddenly it switched off like it had LOST THE SIGNAL. It just keep trying to work but never did. Tried it a couple more times on the way back but no luck.....Just on/off all the time.

Now when I try to connect it to my Laptop it won't Connect. So I am unable to do anything with it. I have charged the battery and tried to reboot it but nothing works. When I switch it on all I get is the DRUM ROLL and the start up screen picture and it goes from that to a Black Screen then tries over and over again.

HELP NEEDED PLEASE.

teamMontei

Message 4 of 11 (2,800 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Well, if you don't want to return it under warranty, you can try what is known as the 'Recovery Mode'.

Hold the power button until you hear the drum sounds and keep holding the button till you get to a black screen with lots of white rows of information (this is the diagnostic screen).

Then three quick taps on the power button (maybe 1/2 second apart). In a few minutes, you should see the screen change to one with a gear and show the unit to be connected to the computer.

Do connect to the computer and the last known good application should be automatically downloaded and installed on your device. Then open the MyTomTom web site and a newer application should be offered.

See here for more info (look at the link for Devices using MyTomTom):

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/kw/recovery%20mode

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 5 of 11 (2,793 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
stefanob

hi , I have the same problem that my tomtom one wont connect to the computer. 

I have deleted the map on theSD card, to load another one,  and then as I was loading the other card, the device disconnected from the TOMTOM home. it will not recognize the SD card and wont connect to the computeer (Using tomtom Home).

I tried resetting but withno success.  any Ideas what to do?

thank you 

Message 6 of 11 (2,784 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
nobrock

my tomtom will switch on but i dont get a drum roll and it wont move fron the start up picture

Message 7 of 11 (1,490 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,393
Solutions: 554

You get the drum roll only when you do a soft reset or the battery goes flat.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 8 of 11 (1,486 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
teamMontei

Re my problem with my Tom Tom last year the out come was that it was sent back under Warranty and eventually a new replacement Go Live 1005 was received with another years Free Subscription for my troubles.
Message 9 of 11 (1,476 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
lin55hol

my tom tom will not work I have tried restart but can only get it 2 where there is a black screen with white writing and it will not connect 2 my laptop HELP NEEDED

Message 10 of 11 (577 Views)
Please use plain text.