Apprentice Traveler
Lisafh
Accepted Solution

Waiting for valid GPS signal

I've followed all the instructions on-line(plugged it into a computer, loaded new software, completed the reset) and still while the unit is outside, not in a car, I am getting "waiting for a valid GPS signal...".  I have a TomTom one 3rd edition.  It will sometimes work after 15 to 20 minutes but then if you try to change anything it stops and gives you the same error message.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks, Lisa

Message 1 of 3 (3,090 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: Waiting for valid GPS signal

Connect to the computer. Use Explorer (Finder if a Mac) and delete anything in the ephem folder on the unit.

Now, go here:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\ and delete any sub-folders found there.

Connect to Home and you should get a new gpsquickfix file offered. Install and remove from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon.

See if you get (within a couple of minutes) a new gps signal.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 3 (3,088 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Lisafh

Re: Waiting for valid GPS signal

That seems to have helped, it doesn't seem as fast as it was originally but now I can actually use it.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (3,057 Views)
Please use plain text.