Revered Navigator
Wyvern46

Re: Touch screen not working

AndrewV: I was quite surprised that TT provided this Forum. There are not many manufacturers who would be prepared to acknowledge their products were not faultless and that they did not know everything about how to get them to work properly. It felt to me that there was a return to the earlier times when TT was open to a wider community of users where everyone [including TT] was working towards getting satellite navigation to be as good as it could be. Some tension seems to have grown between TT and forum users as, perhaps, more commercial pressures have grown? Some of the most knowledgeable people barely have a presence here. As I've contributed here I've become more aware of 'divided loyalty' between wanting TT to offer the best products and the best support, and people who have invested selflessly in other Forums in offering support and information when TT has, I'm afraid, often fallen short.

[aka Guivre46]
Go550Live
Go530T
One XLT WE
Based: West London
Message 11 of 43 (9,461 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
michael101

Did u fix this prob? I have the same thing on my 950 go !

Message 12 of 43 (9,425 Views)
Please use plain text.
jcv
Apprentice Traveler
jcv

Hi there,

I called CS after my TT one 3rd edition's touch screedn was acting screwy: wherever you touched the screen, the left-most button laterally parallel to the location touched, would be selected. I thought it was a goner, but I followed the CS instructions to reset the device, delete the app, and reload the app with updates. And it worked! It's happily functioning once again.

Good luck,

Jcv

Message 13 of 43 (9,337 Views)
Please use plain text.
jcv
Apprentice Traveler
jcv

Ahem.

I hereby retract my previous comment, that my TT One is fixed. It is not. I followed cs's advice, reset, deleted app, reloaded app, and voila! A miracle! ...Then, 1 day later, kaput.

So, good luck.

Message 14 of 43 (9,321 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
LilRed

I have a ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 - 1GB and the bottom part of the touch screen is not working.  Which is a problem when I can press the Done key.  Any suggestions?

Message 15 of 43 (9,304 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
michael101

I would just ring tomtom support i did in the end, sent my bust one back got new one back with in 2 days but that one messed up to so sent it back and new one came a week later they are very help full.

Message 16 of 43 (9,256 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
davidjoyce

i also have the same problem,the bottem of the screen is not working when you press the done button.it wont even let me to connect to the computer to try up date it

Message 17 of 43 (9,124 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
MsSpud

I've had this TT One 3rd edition for 18 months.  I have been trying to correct it's issues, which started out of the blue without warning and it has had since early April.  When I tried to navigate to an address, every time I hit a key on the right a key on the left would respond.  I reset the unit to no avail.  I connected it to Home and ran an update.  After that it seemed to work properly.  However, that was short lived.  It would respond to a few touches, then freeze again.  It would respond to the touch again later, sometimes 10 minutes later sometimes an hour or more later.  I tried resetting and updating from Home again with the same results.  It worked for a while, freeze for a while, then maybe work again.  I can turn it off and let it sit.  Whenever I go back to it, it always comes on to the page it froze on.  I wanted to try removing the application and reinstalling it, but I had to again reset my TomTom because it wouldn't accept the "yes" tap to connect to the Internet.  After resetting it, I was able to connect to Home, remove the application and reinstall it.  However, nothing changed.  When I turned it on, it went past the first page to the legal notice, but it wouldn't accept the tap on "I agree"  So I tapped it several times trying to get a response.  All that accomplished was to rapidly take me through several pages once it finally responded.  It ended up on a page with a key pad.  Again, any time I tried to tap anything on the right, a key on the left would respond.  So I couldn't back out of it or anything.  I also noticed something else.  I had tried using Home to navigate to a location.  The address I input was accepted online but the address shown on the TomTom wasn't the house numberI had chosen.  Thinking maybe I wasn't getting a clear satellite signal, I stood outside for awhile, but that made no difference.  I have tried everything suggested including checking the device's memory for errors and changing the calibration of the screen.  So far, nothing has worked.  I also tried cleaning under the bezel to remove any possible grit that may prevent the screen from working correctly.  I really feel like there is just some minor problem that if we could ever find the fix, my TT would work great again.  I hate to have to buy a new GPS, especially since I purchased a year of map updates so everything is current.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  Much appreciated!

Message 18 of 43 (9,105 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
Chyenne

We got a tomtom1 for Christmas in 2006.  Every since day one, there are times it will not come on.  We work with it and finally get it to come on... sometimes after several minutes.  We were traveling several hundred miles yesterday and the tomtom was working fine.  Stopped for overnight and you guessed it, it would not come on.  After probably 15 minutes, finally got it to come on (by continually pushing the on button).  Got home, turned it off and after a few minutes (curious) turned it on to see if it would work.  It would not come on.  Finally after again working with it, it did come on, but this time the screen was froze and would not work, nor could we  turn it off.  We tried everything we could think off, and thanks to comments on this site, we set the reset at the bottom of the tomtom (didn't even know it was there).  It automatically shut it down.  We were able to turn it back on and the touch screen was working.  In this instance the only thing we did was push in on the reset for a few seconds.  Thanks to everyone.  I am glad I read items on this site.   Now maybe tomorrow will be a different story, but right now I am happy it is working.

Message 19 of 43 (9,027 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
spunky92958

Would you be able to answer why the entire TomTom is just frozen.  It doesn't do anything.  When it turns on it's frozen at the screen and doesn't do anything else.  Can't get to ANYTHING.  Please advise.  Where do you take a TomTom to get fixed.  This TomTom was only used about a dozen times. 

Message 20 of 43 (8,930 Views)
Please use plain text.