Neophyte Traveler
robert31

Tomtom Start 20 :(

Just got my tomtom start, I just had a few questions as i couldnt find ansers online.

When will i be able to use SD cards?

When will new voices etc be avaiable?

Thanks, rob.

Message 1 of 31 (4,714 Views)
Please use plain text.
Retired Employee
Ruth

Re: Tomtom Start 20 :(

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1. The new Start 20 does have a micro SD slot, this will be activated this summer for you to use.

2. The add voices feature we are expecting to add soon to MyTomTom.  I do not have an exact release date for this so would recommend signing up for notications of the new features for MyTomTom.

Here is the link for this: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12566/kw/notify

You need to click on 'notify me' on the very bottom right of this page to recive notifications.

Ruth

Message 2 of 31 (4,654 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Kernow

A late addition to this thread - I've just bought a Start 20 Europe, expecting an SD card slot as per the Tomtom website specification. Apparently, it seems to have no such slot, unless it's very cunningly hidden.

Why not? Have I bought some old stock? Should I return it?

More :smileysad:   I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 31 (4,376 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Kernow

...and I can answer my own question!  Having examined the device carefully while waiting for new maps to download, I unplug - and there it is - the card slot. Feindishly cunning....

Happy now! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 31 (4,366 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
LittleTyke

Why then doesn't the Start 20 series reference guide which I downloaded only a couple of days ago mention the SD card slot?

Message 5 of 31 (4,051 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,598
Solutions: 320

Hi,

it mentions the SD card slot as there is one in your device. That it isn't usable is not due to your device but due to software troubles TT's staff is trying to solve since some time.

Not belonging to TT's staff I cannot tell you more about the state of their developments but I suspect they'll get along with it and sometime they'll have all the features implemented they promised.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 6 of 31 (4,039 Views)
Please use plain text.
Master Explorer
LittleTyke

"it mentions the SD card slot as there is one in your device."

You must have a different version of the Start 20 series reference guide, because the PDF I downloaded doesn't contain the words SD or card or slot and I've done a thorough search.

Message 7 of 31 (4,036 Views)
Please use plain text.
Lupus1
Topics: 21
Kudos: 1,598
Solutions: 320

Hi there,

sorry, I read that the card slot would be mentioned in the user's guide. That it isn't included in the description may be due to the cause that to my knowledge the SD card functionality still is not usable with the navcore 10 devices.

So I assume that the information about the SD card slot will be added as soon as it is enabled. If you have a look at the user guides you'll see that they get updated from time to time as well.

Are you at least able to find the SD slot your device? offers  If not have a look at the bottom side near the USB socket.

Regards

Lars.

TT XL•S LIVE IQ Routes Edition (Text-to-Speech)
map/Europe_North 875.3613
TT Start 60
map/Europe 910.4964
TT GO 6000
map/Europe 926.5515

TT Runner Cardio watch

TT Home 2.9.7.3256
MyDrive Connect 3.3.0.1317
MySports Connect 1.3.9
Win8 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm no TT employee but just a customer trying to help
Message 8 of 31 (4,034 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Annie6

So does it work now?

I only just got that TOMTOM assuming that if the homepage say it will work form summer 2011 onwards it should work now then.

So does it??

Message 9 of 31 (3,894 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
B_Jones

Brrrrr,  getting a bit chilly now whilst waiting for the summer software fix to enable the SD slot.

School boy error by TomTom originally commiting to a time frame for the fix.  The new line in the tech specs ("SD Slot -  Will be enabled with a new, free Software release") will be much more reassuring to the product manager.

Not so comforting is the continued reference to the as yet unavailable QuickGPSfix ("will be available as a download through MyTomTom in the near future").  Where's that sitting on the product backlog I wonder?

I'm off to feed the unicorns.

Bob

Message 10 of 31 (3,769 Views)
Please use plain text.