New Traveler
markb9810

TomTom not charging

I have a TomTom one which is failing to charge in the car and appears to not hold charge if charged on electric....any idea what the issue might be?

Message 1 of 30 (16,601 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
bindi

Re: TomTom not charging

I bought a mains (USB) charger which doesn't seem to charge on my Tomtom One - in car charging is fine.  It asks if I want to connect to computer which I don't.  Any ideas?

Message 2 of 30 (16,571 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

[ Edited ]

hi bindi the usb charger will charge tomtom just dont turn the unit on when connecting to computer,your green charging light should come on when you say MAINS usb charger i take it you mean a usb lead?if you do not get the green charge light on make sure you use a usb connector on the back of the pc,sometimes the front ones just dont have the power if there an additional port

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 30 (16,532 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
spikeyone1

Had a problem getting my START model to charge.  I connected unit to computer via USB after non-use period and could not get past the Start screen.  It turned on with audio beat, said wait, then changed to Start screen, then nothing. I went to Tom-Tom Home on the computer and downloaded necessary upgrades (free ones).  However, it did not seem to make any difference to the screen of unit.  I could not see whether it was charging, installing upgrades or anything else.  I was just hoping it was charging.  Whilst waiting I searched forums for "charging" and found yr answer for different model.  I was plugged into a front 1 of 2 USB ports but decided to scratch around and change to rear port. Cheers! that worked and I was able to move onto next unit screen with Favorites etc.  I have not used this unit much.  I had charging problem also with car charger when first got it, but traced that to charger itself being broken.  Returned it to TT c/s and got new one.  Now I want to download routes from TTHome to unit but it wont and I can't choose "avoid toll roads".  Maybe this model isn't fancy/costly enough.  I'm not thrilled with it, it seems hard work but maybe I'll press on with what it does do.  Thanks for your help with USB charging info.

Message 4 of 30 (16,364 Views)
Please use plain text.
Exalted Navigator
dazza24

hi spikeyone 1 glad to help ,avoiding toll roads isnt possible on your unit but heres a link to another post,megalos has a solution that can change your interface so you will get this option  good luck :smileyhappy:

http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/TomTom-ONE-START-EASE/How-do-you-set-quot-always-avoid-Tolls-quot-o...

1st go live 1000 (dead)
second go live 1000 (dead)
current go live 550 alive and doing what the 1xxx/2xxx/ vias should be doing
Message 5 of 30 (16,359 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Dean37

Re: TomTom not hold charge in unit

hi there i hope u can help me out i have a tom tom one 3rd editon and it not hold it charge or light not on the top can u tell me the problom

Message 6 of 30 (16,306 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
dkeckler

Hi

Our tom tom worked great and then stopped charging in the car. Looked and the end of the charger was gone! How do you get a new charger for the car? thanks

Message 7 of 30 (16,060 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

I presume you mean the part that goes into the unit and not the part that goes into the cigarette lighter.

You sure it hasn't broken off and is stuck in the unit?

Anyway, go here: http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/products/accessories/chargers-connect-cables/index.jsp to see some choices.

You can also try a big box store like Best Buy or Fry's. I'm sure they have generic car chargers for gps units.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 8 of 30 (16,058 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
BrianP

Hi This will happen everytime you connect to the computer. Just tap the NO option and the device will continue to charge via the USB.

Message 9 of 30 (15,720 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
andyc

my tom tom one 3rd edition will not charge with my car charger and i have no mains charger, please help as i need it big time!!

Message 10 of 30 (15,711 Views)
Please use plain text.