Novice Explorer
russ0105

TomTom One 3rd edition updates

I bought a TomTom One 3rd edition from eBay, and I am trying to do the map udate, but I dont have the activation code. How do I get that activation code, and how can I update my maps?

Message 1 of 9 (13,897 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
russ0105

Re: TomTom One 3rd edition updates

I am currently on version:

"USA_and_Canada" V710.1575

Thanks for the help!

Message 2 of 9 (13,890 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,389
Solutions: 554

v710 is a very-very...very-very old map. Most if that is the map that it came with, and you've done some updates via the TT HOME, and it started to ask the activation code, I would return the item to the seller, and claim the money back. It is a pirated device, by the sound of it.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 3 of 9 (13,840 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
russ0105

So, before I spend $50 to try to update the maps....

1. Can they be updated, especially if it is a pirated unit? (if i try to buy an update, and it doesn't work, would I be able to get my money back from TomTom for the update?)

2. I also get a error from the Tomtom home program when that won't let me back it up to my computer.

3. Would it be best for me to just buy a new one instead of trying the update and it failing?

Message 4 of 9 (13,819 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,389
Solutions: 554

It can be updated, no problem. Even if TT HOME can't make a backup, you can make one via Explorer in Windows or Finder in Mac OS. Just make sure you save all the files, hidden ones inc.

I would rather return it though, and buy a new unit. In the US, you can buy many with free lifetime map update.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 5 of 9 (13,817 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
cyberpro83

I tried to update my TomTom device and when connected to the computer asked me to format the device, because the computer did not recognize it. I had to format it, but I lost the map I had and I lost my activation code because I can not find my installation CD. Please, someone can help me with this.

Thanks!!! 

Message 6 of 9 (13,708 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Unless you have a backup or the map which was on your device was itself an update from that which was originally on your device, you are out of luck.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 7 of 9 (13,706 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
cyberpro83

There is no solution???

Message 8 of 9 (13,704 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
etyris

Hi,

I can't remember where to look for my activation code on my Tom Tom One device. Can anyone help?

Message 9 of 9 (11,437 Views)
Please use plain text.