New Traveler
Lynne

Tom Tom One Freezes after startup drums

My device is:  Tom Tom One (30 series)/125/130.

My TomTom One does two things;  (1) freezes after drums with only TomTom and hands showing or (2) freezes after drums with device ID, etc. info showing.  I've tried updating via computer and TomTom Home, deleted old files and reinstalled files.  At the end of the reinstall, it did the same as above.  TomTom Home then showed an error message.  "Severe server error:  Return Code Header Missing"  Error Code:  -3.  What do I do now?  Help me please!!

Message 1 of 21 (16,362 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Re: Tom Tom One Freezes after startup drums

Message 2 of 21 (16,341 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Kangarucci

I have tried both suggestions. Neither of them made any difference.What now?

Message 3 of 21 (16,269 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

If you have a backup, you could remove all files from your TomTom one more time (make sure you also delete the hidden files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html). Then, connect to TT HOME and let it update your device.

Message 4 of 21 (16,255 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
pwsmietan

Did this work for anyone?  I have the One/140 model and am backing up my maps - need I back up everything else?

I'm thinking the steps are:

1. Back up maps

2. format x:  (fat32?)

3. restore maps

4. update?

help!

Message 5 of 21 (16,108 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Use Explorer and backup the entire contents of the unit,not just maps. Then do the format and restore.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 6 of 21 (16,101 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
David_is_away

[ Edited ]

Hi

Has anyone who has experienced this problem actually got it fixed?

My Tomtom One V2 Europe freezes on startup screen, and I have tried absolutely everything to fix it:

Restore backup

Reset device and restore

Copy contents and erase device and restore flash

restore device

erase device and restore from manual backup one file at a time

...repeat until totally fed up

The problem began with a software update from Home, that failed (perhaps because the memory is now completely full)

Is there anyone able to offer actual advice about fixing this - and don't say 'have you tried resetting and manually backing up...'

Thanks

ps I have a Mac

Message 7 of 21 (16,093 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

How about half the advice? :smileyhappy: Use Finder to back up the contents of your unit. Now (I didn't see you try this ...) do a DOS format of the unit (I don't think Macs offer a fat32 choice).

Then use Finder for the restore.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 8 of 21 (16,083 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Chri

I have done soft reset,  i have downloaded most recent TomTom Home.  I have updated ONe XL, I have deleted and reinstalled applkications.  I have backed up in TomTom home, reformatted with windows and restored in TomTom Home...nothing works..after drums Tomtom either freezes or slowly gets to Main Menu 1 screen and then completely freezes.  Should I just throw it away...very frustrating??

Message 9 of 21 (15,691 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
Bluewater

Hi! I've just finishing dealing with this on my Go720.
Symptoms - freezes during startup and can not turn off.

Tried resetting by poking a biro tip into the reset hole - but this only turns the unit off. When it tries to restart it still freezes during startup sequence.
So - connected to PC and ran TomTom HOME2. I had backed the unit up only a few month previous, so I tried to do a reinstall. However, it threw an error on this procedure. I then thought that perhaps I could erase the memory contents and reinstall the contents of my backup folder. However, playing safe, I first wanted to do a dump and backup all my files on the units internal memory. Halfway through this I had an error message saying that one file was corrupt and could not be read. The file was clmdata. So ... after more researching the web I read that the file clmdata has been blamed for this freezing problem. I examined my Go720 internal memory and tried to overwrite the corrupt clmdata with the one from my backup set. That failed as the file was corrupt. Next, in windows explorer I then deleted the clmdata file, but all this did was generate a file of 0 bytes with the original name. However, I now tried again to restore the unit with TomTom HOME, and this time it worked. Unit is fine now!

From what I've read, you may not need to use the restore function, but just delete (or try to delete) the clmdata file, and the unit recreates it when it restarts. Best of luck!

Message 10 of 21 (14,862 Views)
Please use plain text.