Neophyte Traveler
norvin

Screen out of sync with characters

It seem that my keys will not type correctly unless I type the very bottom of the key pad, if I type the center of "k" for instance I'll get the letter I or O if I type the  back button I have to type the very bottom edge of the screen face, this is all very frustrating, and calling support and getting India is even more so.HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

Norvin

Message 1 of 5 (513 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

Re: Screen out of sync with characters

[ Edited ]

The digitizer is failing on your unit. You might search under " Calibrating touch screen TomTom" for some tricks that might help you, however calibrating works for small mis-alignments...For a large shift you are going to have to replace the digitizer. This a glass sheet with the sensor around  the perimeter which is glued to the LCD screen. Its tricky to replace but cheap, but repair shop just replace the entire LCD / Digitizer as a single unit which takes about 15 min. to do. But more costly (about 30-60 dollars. If you are thinking about replacing the LCD/Digitizer which is a simple task, there are some good videos on the internet which show how open your unit up and replace it.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 2 of 5 (511 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
norvin

thank you very much

Message 3 of 5 (504 Views)
Please use plain text.
Traylaw

If the unit is under warranty just send it back....If not, replacing the screen yourself is option. It usually not difficult about 15 min. job if you have done it before, 30 min if you have never done it before....If your unit is one of the older units the LCD dsplays are cheap. If it is one of the new units the displays are a bit expensive at this time.

Report map errors at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Message 4 of 5 (496 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
norvin

thanks much, I just won one on a auction site for 11.00 dollars, So i guess i'll toss the failed unit

Norvin

Message 5 of 5 (481 Views)
Please use plain text.