Neophyte Traveler
Cathy

No Sound

I have a TomTom one and the sound has stopped working.  I've reset the device and downloaded a new voice but still nothing,   It's not just the voice, it's all sound, speed camara and speeding alerts have gone too.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 20 (14,477 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Re: No Sound

Is the volume set to zero? See page 14 of your user manual: http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=2&lang=en. Or is the sound turned off (see page 27 of the manual)?

Message 2 of 20 (14,468 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Cathy

No I've already checked that, volume is at 90% and sound is turned on

Message 3 of 20 (14,467 Views)
Please use plain text.
Megalos

Have you made a backup of your TomTom before the problem occurred? If so, try to restore that backup.

Message 4 of 20 (14,455 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
mikealder

When you reset it does it play the drum roll when it restarts, if not the speaker could be dead - Mike

Message 5 of 20 (14,450 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
Cathy

Thanks, no there's no sound at all, so guess I'll have to buy a new one?

Message 6 of 20 (14,443 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
Kezza

I have just read the posts on having no sound and this has happened to mine also.

When you say it is the speaker, can this be fixed or do I need a new complete sat nav system?

Thanks

Message 7 of 20 (14,417 Views)
Please use plain text.
Revered Navigator
Wyvern46

There are various repair services advertising on the web who could check for faults and replace speakers if that is the case. Possibly the speaker cable plug has just detached from the plug on the circuit board due to car vibrations etc. To take the back off a TT you need a set of Torx screw drivers, they are £5 to £10 again on the web. Instructions for taking TTs apart can be found on other satnav forums or youtube.

[aka Guivre46]
Go550Live
Go530T
One XLT WE
Based: West London
Message 8 of 20 (14,294 Views)
Please use plain text.
RW
Novice Explorer
RW

I just had this same problem with my XL250 (Australia). The sound just stopped working for all audio. Everything else was working fine. Checked all settings over & over, then came to this forum and decided to try a reset using the reset button on the bottom of this model. Bingo - problem fixed. But just why it happened is a mystery. Hopefully teh first & last time.  

Message 9 of 20 (14,276 Views)
Please use plain text.
Novice Explorer
ID10TError

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem with my start, happened right after i wiped the device and the home 'update' it. After realising what had happened i deleted the new system and restored my backup.

However there is still no sound and now there is a map corrections icon on my main navigation screen from the update that i really dont want. I assume home did some sort of firmware update to my device given some of the changes and my inability to undo them by formatting the device and restoring the old system.

Not happy TomTom, really not happy at all.

Have attempted to contact support via the contact link however the system did not work, Tried sending an email to support@tomtom.com only to have it bounce to tomtom_support@mailuk.custhelp.com and then be rejected by the server.

At this point i'm really getting angry with tomtom.

Want the old firmware and want it NOW.

Its not my job to troubleshoot your 'home' system nor is it my job to make sure that your products work. I am not getting paid for this, my reward will only be undoing a fault you created.

Name = TomTom START
Device Code = AKXHEBSH7S
Serial number = XF7439F02413

Message 10 of 20 (14,136 Views)
Please use plain text.