edgardo

My computer will not recognize device help

Message 1 of 9 (933 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Re: My computer will not recognize device help

What model do you have? (answer in the Body part of a message, not the title, please?)

Try resetting your unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds, unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

-------------------------------------------
I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 2 of 9 (932 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
edgardo

one xl about 5 years old

Message 3 of 9 (930 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Did you try resetting the unit? Are you using the usb cable that came with the unit? Use a USB port on the back, not front, of the computer.

I am a moderator at Tomtomforums.com, an independent community of Tomtom customers. .....I am not a TomTom employee.
Message 4 of 9 (926 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
prott

Hi

I have been trying to put an address on my TomTom One XL( 6 weeks old) for a trip  today, dont know what happened. A Big red cross is flashing on my screen device. cant turn on my device,  I tried the reset button for 30 seconds, then held (turn on button)  for 5 seconds but the red cross is still on my screen. dont know what to do....Tried reinstal but nothing happing..Any advice????????

Message 5 of 9 (582 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

1. Connect to the computer and make an Explorer,not Home, backup of your device. If not sure how, see here:

http://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO olders or their contents.

3. Connect to Home and install the application offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Message 6 of 9 (572 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
prott

hi nothing happened, even tried formating unit, nothing happened. still flashing red cross.

Message 7 of 9 (549 Views)
Please use plain text.
Elite Voyager
Elite Voyager
dhn

Did you download the application????

Message 8 of 9 (545 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Traveler
prott

Yes i Did download the ap. but nothing, think i will go back to shop and look for refund.....Hate TomTom they are uselles.

Message 9 of 9 (527 Views)
Please use plain text.