Neophyte Explorer
Suste
Accepted Solution

My TomTom One don't recognize the SD card

I have Tomtom One. Today I connected it to my PC and installed tomtom home, it did nothing and couldn't recognize my devise connected, so nothing happened.  But now my tomtom is not recognizing the SD card is inserted and when I put the SD card on the card reader my PC want´s to format it . What can I do to put my TomTom back to work. Need Help Please!!

Message 1 of 10 (6,833 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,292
Solutions: 537

Re: My TomTom One don't recognize the SD card

[ Edited ]

Ooops... If the Windows wants to format it, I'm afraid you will need to do so. But that will wipe off all the data. You will be able to get the software, but the map might be tricky. Have you ever updated the map, or it is the original that came with?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 2 of 10 (6,829 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Suste

The map is the original one. I have a backup of the SD card on TomTom Home, if I format my SD card will I be able to restore the SD card again or will the card be lost??
Message 3 of 10 (6,825 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 42

Do you have a second SD card to test ?

If so, replace the sd card in the device with an empty one, than connect your unit to Home, go to "add voices...." / "items on my computer" and check whether you can install the map on the empty sd card. 

Neophyte Explorer
Suste

No I don't have a spare SD card. I don't know if it helps but when I connect the TomTom to the PC it should ask if I want to connect to the PC, and it doesn't. Another thing is that when I turn on the TomTom , on the screen apears a SD card with a red cross on it.
Message 5 of 10 (6,811 Views)
Please use plain text.
Bogi
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 42

Try to solve te issue with the red cross as written here: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/~/device-displays-a-white-or-red-cross-(x)

Neophyte Explorer
Suste

Hey guys my TomTom is working again :smileyvery-happy: !!!

I format the SD card and copy the backup I had in my PC to the SD card. Then I put the card in the TomTom and it just started working. Thank you all  :smileylol:!!!!

Message 7 of 10 (6,770 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
pghfrftr

I have a similar problem. I just bought a MAC computer and went to update the map and mapshares etc. I got a message that the voice wouldn't fit because the map took up all of the space. I tried putting everything on an SD card. It's just a plain SD card. I belive everything is on the card, but my tomtom does not recognize the satelites, or anything. I've tried following the web site, but their web site is just terrible. I guess I need to know what to do to get my tomtom up and running again. Any suggestions?? 

Thanks!

Message 8 of 10 (6,702 Views)
Please use plain text.
Neophyte Explorer
Suste

Yes I've got a suggestion for you. If I were you, first I would save the contents of the SD card . Then format it in the card reader of your PC. After that put the SD card in your TomTom and connect it to the TTHome. Then the TTHome will do the rest for you and will install all the software you need n the SD card. Hope it works for you...

Message 9 of 10 (6,657 Views)
Please use plain text.
Apprentice Traveler
pghfrftr

Thank you Suste!That must be what happened. I don't know what I did, but after I took it out of the slot in the computer, put it back in the TT, and walked away for awhile so I didn't throw it against a wall, it mysteriously started working again! Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it!!

Message 10 of 10 (6,648 Views)
Please use plain text.