Zsolt
Kudos: 2,386
Solutions: 554

Re: GPS signal loss

Did it happen after an update immediately or just like that? Try to reset it. You even should have a reset button on the bottom. You will lose your personalized stuff and settings, so make a backup first, a manual one, with all the hidden files.

Maybe your GPS receiver is dislocated or gave up. That is another possibility.

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 11 of 15 (491 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
jwin

My tomtom frequently loses the GPS signal whilst travelling. Can this poor performance be improved. 

Message 12 of 15 (349 Views)
Please use plain text.
Zsolt
Kudos: 2,386
Solutions: 554

What is the software version on your device and which device is it?

Tip: Help others identify useful content by clicking the kudos thumbs, and by selecting the best answer to your question as the accepted solution

Report map errors (MSR Tool - link)
Actual devices: GO 820 Top Gear Edition, GO 825, Start 60, One XL, GO 600, GO 1000, VIA 120, VIA 135, TomTom Android; Old devices: TomTom WM, GO 530, XL IQ Routes LIVE
How to contact TomTom's Customer Services (link)
TomTom's Customer Services numbers (thx Niall) (link)
How to soft reset your device (link)

I am NOT a TomTom employee, just a user like others.
Message 13 of 15 (348 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
rdstright

I have bought 5 of these units in the past few yrs and I am beginning to think its time to switch to another GPS unit other then TomTom ....The past 3 units of TomTom I have  owned  has lost signal ...Im constantly updating as its always asking me to update ...Which is a royal pain in the ass ...There seems to be no fixing this problem as its not just 1 unit I have had the problem with ... Im thinking TomTom Is garbage ...Seriously Garmin is looking more appealing to me ...Im a Truck Driver and rely on my GPS unit TomTom isnt cutting it anymore !!! 

Message 14 of 15 (155 Views)
Please use plain text.
New Traveler
maizey

:catsad:just had this problem immediatley after updating the satnav. . . never had a loss of gps signal like this before  Used the reset button on the bottom of the unit and eventually it found the signal.

!!?? NOT GOOD ENOUGH IS IT TOMTOM  !!??. . . . . my map undate subscription is due shortly,don't think I'll be taking that up!:catsad:

Message 15 of 15 (144 Views)
Please use plain text.